Skip to main content

The Usual Semmelweis effect when it comes to CWG!

The Semmelweis reflex or "Semmelweis effect" is a metaphor for the reflex-like tendency to reject new evidence or new knowledge because it contradicts established norms, beliefs or paradigms.

This interaction kick-started after the Other read http://pawaehr.blogspot.com/2014/07/10-teachings-from-conversations-with.html 

 
What I would actually, is that we have this tendency to ask for evidence for everything. Every belief our ours is said to have to be necessarily consolidated by proofs, consolidated truths etc.

Mostly- perhaps it is because we are living in a scientific era or perhaps it's because our civilization is used to follow religion as per ancient old scriptures.

What I know though of everything is that no belief needs a proof. It does not. A belief simply is! It just is. It merely exists!

At times I wonder since it is commonness about something that validates the righteousness of the thing-(for instance, since everyone in class get the same answer, then the answer must or should most probably be right. A common answer=Right!). Same goes for religion= Common Belief, proved, Right!

But at the end of the day, can we define righteousness as per a common belief- what happens to your sole entity?! Lost in the crowd?! That's what society does actually! It creates a common set of belief- makes it righteous by "proving" it (the proof being the common belief- see, if only one person believe something then he must be mad, but when everyone believes something- everyone cannot be out of their mind right?!)- and society ultimately defines what is right or wrong!

But here- something which is considered as being right is only right because and as long as it serves the interest of the believer/ society! As soon as the role of its righteousness expires, the thing is deemed as being wrong! 

(There was a time where polygamy reigned in the oriental regions of the globe- but soon enough its righteousness disappeared!)

All this only to say that no belief is right or wrong. It is the believer's assumption of it that makes a belief right or wrong! So chill, and tell society to buck off!
___________________________________________________________
–]h4qq 1 point 1 day ago*
And who had these conversations? Where do you get this from?


Bottom of Form
[–]Pawaehr[S] 1 point 2 days ago
Top of Form
Conversations with God is a series written by Neale Donald Walsch, spiritual messenger and a Bringer of Light.

The 10 messages there are mainly the essence of these books.

Bottom of Form
–]h4qq 1 point 1 day ago*
Top of Form
So it's believed* that he is a Messenger of God because he had these conversations?
[–]Bronto_812773 1 point 1 day ago
Top of Form
What is your standard of evidence for accepting someone as a "Messenger of God"?
Bottom of Form
[–]Pawaehr[S] 1 point 1 day ago
Top of Form
It is not a belief by one and all.
Those who believe it's so makes it their belief, and those who do not believe so condemn it.

The Book does not see God as a separate entity. It sees God as our Own Selves. So basically Conversations with God= Conversations with My Self!
It's highly spiritual in content. Liberating, breezy and beautiful. Filled with positivity!
Here's another link about what Neale has to make us aware of: http://pawaehr.blogspot.com/2014/01/spiritual-but-not-religious.html

Bottom of Form
[–]h4qq 1 point 1 day ago
Top of Form
The Book does not see God as a separate entity. It sees God as our Own Selves.
But do you not see a problem with this?

The fact of the matter is we are not God, at all. We are not creators, we are not infinite beings. In fact, we are weak and dependent on provisions to keep us alive, we are limited in our knowledge of this world and universe - how could we say we are a God of anything? We are incapable of even mastering ourselves 100%, so we are not even a God of our own selves.
On the other hand, God is the complete opposite. God is the Creator of everything, God is not weak but infinite in power and not reliant on anything.
This purely spiritual perspective is harmful because it blinds us from the reality.

Bottom of Form
[–]Pawaehr[S] 1 point 1 day ago
Top of Form
I personally believe that God is omnipresent. And spirituality is what I'm currently embracing. I have moved from being a very religious person, to an atheist- and today I'm spiritual in person.
When it comes to this whole issue of the Creator and Us... I've discussed this once with friends- you might want to have a look, because it is mostly what I have to say here.http://pawaehr.blogspot.com/2014/07/blogger-post-existence-of-god.html
We are creators! And we are infinite beings.
I think purely religious perspective is what blinds us from the truth.
There's another collection of Conversations with God's teachings which I have published today.http://pawaehr.blogspot.com/2014/07/some-excerpts-of-conversations-with-god.html
P.S. "Nothing is intrinsically right or wrong. It is our ideologies and paradigms that define righteousness and wrongness." And I respect that each one of us is different, follows a different set of belief for "In the absence of that which you are not, that which you are is not."

Bottom of Form
[–]h4qq 2 points 1 day ago
Top of Form
I personally believe that God is omnipresent.
See, but here's my point, how do you come to this conclusion? Where is your "Message" that makes this assertion?
I think purely religious perspective is what blinds us from the truth.
But being religious does not mean being spiritual, the two are not opposites. As a Muslim, you have to be spiritual.

Bottom of Form
[–]Pawaehr[S] 1 point 1 day ago
Top of Form
I have never chosen to lead my life because of some message that was apparently bestowed upon us. I believe that God is within me because I choose to believe so. I believe so not because of some message or instruction given to me.
I always thought so before this book fell into my lap. It's an instinct to me. Neale is not someone who took the words of God to us. He is a messenger of awareness. God is awareness, change, love, life and I. God is not another different being. We are all the same.
Religion and spirituality both can blend together and that's the beauty of things. It's sad though that today many followers of the Sacred scriptures follow religion but are not spiritual. An amalgamation of both could be such a divine thing!
I cannot grasp your last sentence. I apologise.
I am no Muslim, although I'm one. I am as much Muslim as I am of a Christian, a Hindu, a Jew, a Bhuddist- BUT I'm first and foremost a Being. A soul. God's friend. A human.(The only difference between God and a human is that we have forgotten our Divinity whilst God has not!)
And I don't feel that HAVE TO BE SOMETHING IN Particular to be branded as somebody belonging to a particular religion. But alas, that's what religion does- it tells you what to endorse to be someone- as compared to spirituality that let's you define your own personal "someone".
Bottom of Form



Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt