Skip to main content

Our Alter Ego

*This is the type of article I wished hit 600+ views- not one with kinky words! I thank Jeshta for having been a secretary for this one! And gratitude extended from the bottom of our hearts to all you fellow readers! A milestone reached! 5000+ Views! :D With 101 Published Posts, 6 Authors and nearly daily posting!*

It requires great mastery to be able to present  two or more personalities residing in one body, soul and mind to the world! *A lot of posts that you might have come across so far dearest readers, happen to contradict each other. Critically generalized are some, biased, prejudiced, one-sided opinions whilst others even exude the vibe of narrow-mindedness. But that is the point of it all.*

I write a lot of things on teenage relationships- yet I've never been in one! -_- Thankfully!

I write tons of things about society- yet I've not yet undertaken any materialistic actions towards remedying the situation! Unfortunately. (Yes, I ambition to be the Prime Minister of the Country.) I write stories. Stories of sadists, of werewolves, of forsaken brides and mentally disturbed people- yet I have never been any of these! Beautifully. 

That's the point. To be able to present the paradoxical feelings we all come across. That of our identity- those conflicting personalities. Who we really are?! Ultimately one spiritually advanced individual would agree that we are our Thoughts. 



All of us cannot have the same opinions, feelings, personality throughout our whole lives. We are always going to change. Everything's going to change according to our circumstances, the people who we meet or leave. But there's is only one thing that is never going to change. You Are Never Going To Be Alone! I'm neither here talking about our best friends being by our side, nor our life partners leaving our side at death. I'm here talking about Ourselves...that Self..the other One...That part of Us..the One with whom we have those mental conversations. In that sense, being with "YourSelf", you'll never be alone. You always talk t your Self. Although there never exists solely one particular version of your Self.


Your Self evolves, it grows, it is nurtured and it expands. And during this expansion, there comes many times where your Self explodes. It goes flying apart in different directions. One moment you want to be the eternal passionate lover, and the next you just want to be the fiery, feisty, young opinionated lady. One moment you want to be that obedient daughter and the next you want to challenge your parents. One moment you want to be submissive and the next you want to be a rebel. One moment you want to reject society and the next you want to merge with it. These shifts, these graveling up and down the ladder, these constant mood swings- these two extremities constantly fighting each other. They never cease and they never will. 


I've seen people 6 times my age having them. And I'm only 17. They simply never will. They will cohabit, entangling you in the process but at the same time unleashing the divine in you. :) And that is where it comes to be- the Selfs and egos, trying to empower each other, fighting for survival. Each of them fighting to extinguish the other Selfs' sparks!

Both of them in sheer struggle to surface to make you What You Are- in your soul, mind, body, thoughts, words, actions..And these Selfs are what we call the Alter Egos..OUR ALTER EGO!



So, there's nothing wrong in feeling that way- in having those internal debacles. After all, these Selfs are part of us. If you can be the happy, easy-going and bubbly one, you can also be the stern, serious and posed one. They are ourselves! For sure, they are subjective and that too in contrast to a world where everybody is fighting for objectivity, neutrality, fair opinions, unbiased perspectives. People are looking for your One True Self. Else you are a hypocrite. You are lying to yourself and to others. You are faking it. You don't have the right to be so different from what you usually are. 


The pediatric cannot be a belly dancer. It's not normal. The drug trafficker cannot be a charitable woman. The nerdy student cannot know how to dance. The girl who hates boys cannot suddenly start falling for one! The perpetual warm person cannot have an ill thought for anyone for once! The ever daunting and strict mother cannot be the lovable and cuddle-type of Mom!


In that turmoil, those Selfs tend to shudder in fear, mostly because they are trying to kill each other so that only a single one can be validated for the whole world to contemplate! And in that process we are trying to conjure up the "PERFECT SELF" for people.One that doesn't seem to hurt others, one that cannot only be fair and just. One that seems to have tamed the beast in us. One that lives according to what we think society has told us. That is the only way that man has deciphered to attain civilization. During all this, we are losing Our Selfs..

All of this could again be an opinion on my part but Subjectivity is something I celebrate! Mainly because if we were all meant to be the same objective persons- then time would have frozen! Objectivity cannot exist without subjectivity. Nothing exists without the opposite. 
Nature has diversity, not uniformity. Culture argues for uniformity. We often see India’s diversity as a problem. We often seek ‘unity’ behind diversity. The tendency is to assume that diversity is divisive. Yes, diversity creates conflict and competition but it also allows for the rising of new ideas. We push and pull (perhaps too much) but it enables us to see the world from different points of view and it reminds us that no matter how hard we try, we cannot make life simple. It will be seen differently by different people in different languages that will keep changing with history and geography.




In the absence of that which you are not, that which you are is not! I am, because you are! You can see one particular version of mine because there is another self of me that exists even if it is barbaric, crude, harsh, rude, uncivilized and ungodly. It's there, and that's the beauty of it. Everything just is, and we all are. Our Selfs are. Our Alter Ego.

Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt