Skip to main content

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

  *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.*

I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start!


,

I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life! 

Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments. 

Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both!



Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do! 


Frankness hurts. It does. And no- I'm not going with the theory that the victim is too sensitive or is to blame! It's like- the truth ought to be said even if it hurts. But give me a chill pill Dude! I wish you were in the place of the person getting hurt. Among friends, it's the worse, especially when we think that by being frank we are actually helping that friend out..:( You know that moment where we screwed up  by telling our friend how ridiculous his British accent was and that he did a good thing to have changed it?! Well, you just might just have been an "honest" remark, but right there, you just blew his confidence into smithereens! I know that we all think that it's better saying the truth and thus being honest rather than putting up veils! But to tell you the truth, We've been honest only to ourselves and not to that friend of ours! We've simply cleansed ourselves from the burden of having to hide our true feelings. 


But Hey! I'm not telling you that you should hide your true feelings! All I'm saying is that you are wrongly assessing things! By being frank, you sure did demonstrate your ability to be an "honest" friend, but well- DID YOU GO TO COMFORT THAT SAME FRIEND WHEN YOU KNEW YOUR REMARK MIGHT HAVE HURT? DID YOU? DID YOU CONTINUE GIVING ADVICE ON HOW TO IMPROVE? DID YOU EVEN APOLOGIZED?! You went on to being a good friend by being "honest", but believe it or not- we've all failed somewhere by not helping that friend to ease up about the comment. We just left him dangling there- wondering if he's been right in choosing us as his friends! You've hardly been a friend in the end. :(

And to those people who would still go all out saying: "WTF?! My opinions, my thoughts. We live in a democratic state. I have freedom of expression. I can say whatever I want to whoever I want." Well, to you beautiful people, Democracy transcends freedom of expression. You have chosen to learn it as this restricted version of "Freedom of Expression" only to suit your greatness. You cannot definitely ignore the other clause of Democracy that stipulates: "Where your rights end, that's very much where others' rights take birth!"



It's time we all ponder on those rude comments we've made without realizing that we hurt someone. If you still can't understand it... Then realize that friend's accent you just criticized could as well have complained about your flaws by retorting: "At least, I've been only rolling my tongue- you can't even put a sentence together!" Karma?!


No, I'm not asking you to fear that retorted comment. I'm just asking you to think if you would have been able to accept the comment your friend you earlier victimized with the same acceptance you had expected him to receive it with?!

Really, Time to reflect people! :)



Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary