Skip to main content

My religion is Food! Food is my Darling Partner In Crime!

I love food!  Food makes me happy.  That anticipation of a great meal’s expected arrival at the table -wwooo-That makes me giddy! I can think of so many great evenings and times with friends that have revolved around food. I love the sensory experience of food.  Eating is sexy and gorgeous, the preparation of it can be therapeutic.Taking the time to read a recipe, decide if it sounds good to me, gathering ingredients, preparing and chopping the food, finding the right vessel to cook it in, tasting it, adding more of this or that until it's just right, and then assembling it and cooking it, watching it so it doesn't burn.....requires attention. I can lose myself in this process. A momentary vacation.

Do you realise that you use all five senses while eating and all of them have a determinant role in what you ultimately taste? Because one does not eat what one eats- what eats what One eats! 

The mere sight of some dish can make your mouth water as you start to think about how it will taste. The sound of your fish sizzling as it hits the pan tells you it’s ready to give you that nice sear you’re looking for.  Then there is smell.  Oh I could go on and on about the smell of food.  For me so much of the overall enjoyment of cooking and eating comes from the smells.  I love the way smells can linger and keep reminding you of what’s coming or what you may have already had.All of this before you even taste anything.  When your taste buds finally do get involved the chemical reaction starts and your tongue picks out the salty, sweet, sour or bitter flavors. 

Your brain takes in that info and all the other stuff your senses gave you to process to produce the actual taste of the dish and your ultimate sensation of pleasure or displeasure.  The explosion of flavors you can experience during a great meal can evoke many feelings and emotions. That brings me to the part of food that goes beyond the basic five senses. It’s the part of food that I really love the most and that is the way food can make you think and feel.  The smells and tastes of your favorite foods can take you to a place in time, they can remind you of a season, a special moment or person or a beloved relative.  An amazing meal can change your life.

Imaginative, bold, fast and amazing fun; that’s how I like to spend time in the kitchen-at least that’s how my Dad has taught me to live, breath and drool in our Temple: The...nooo.. THEEEE!!! Kitchen! 

Whether it’s cooking for friends, family, co-workers -We’re always going to show how it’s done! We experiment with weird flavours and bring Alien cuisine to my Mom’s kitchen counter by introducing explosive new ways to make everyday food and make a sink a living bin and the floor marred with sauce!

I have a great enthusiasm in putting together meals.It's also a great way to express creativity. A meal, or even a single dish, properly executed, is a joy. As the dish comes together, the various textures and flavors create something out of nothing other than what started out as just a list of ingredients. Will the marriage of all these flavors work, and will I like it? The suspense of waiting to see how a dish will turn out can be exciting.

This is what I find so fascinating about food. There are countless ingredients out there, from all over the globe, and it's the combination of these ingredients that either work or don't work that make cooking, and eating, so very interesting...

Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt