Skip to main content

Possessive Girl Friends or Caring Girlfriends

I believe that girls have this natural maternal instinct. This obviously propulses us to care for others and to be compassionate and understanding. This often leads us to give part of us easily, not expecting much in return. And I think that somewhere down the line, guys know how to take advantage of this caring nature without really meaning to- often it's an unconscious act.

 “With closest custody, guard your heart, for in it are the sources of life.”

But I think in the process, we should make it a conscious decision not to always cave in to this primal instinct-To always be the protective wings and with expectations to have the egg hatching beneath it to become yours or even love you back…It’s not necessarily romantic love that I’m trying to conjure up over here.. But about those daily help, advices, affection we offer even to our little sister, to the stranger in the bus or to the hot guy with a serious relationship problem…We tend to think that the wings of love that we built is going to not only keep us warm in the heart but also manage to woo the heart of the beloved… these expectations, these inner turmoils and these thoughts are not good.. They do not demonstrate love, but rather a need to be loved back, to be accepted… In a sense we are all merely selling something to barter for kindness and attention!

It’s better we love, cuddle and protect because of the compassion we exude and the sheer empathy we have for a being and not for the selfishness of owning the person..


If so is the case, perhaps it’s time to consider some distances…Yes, it’s hard to hear, and I’m probably not the first to tell you that backing away may be beneficial. Not just beneficial for you (so you’re not constantly giving of yourself without receiving in exchange), but also for the person. 

Distance from you may help him realize what he needs to do. Maybe he needs to do some maturing on his own. If the person is not taking action in telling you how he feels, there’s a reason for it. If we initiate the relationship it may be hard for the person ever to take that leadership role. And trust me, it’s a lot more fun to be pursued than to do the pursuing. Instead of trying to convince a person that you’re worth it, wait for someone who is already convinced of that. +Shik Sim ;)


Time spent together, open communication, and inside jokes that you share are going to be replaced by someone else in his life or yours. So try to keep your current friendships in perspective. Let us appreciate the friendship as a gift from Our Alter Ego, not expecting it to be a lifelong best-friend level relationship. As we try to navigate the muddy waters of high school relationships, She’s the one best friend you can count on to always be there...:)

DISCLAIMER-Meant for female empowerment! :P (Y) ;)



Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt