Skip to main content

Thinking Thoughts

The Thinker (FrenchLe Penseur) is a bronze sculpture by Auguste Rodin, usually placed on a stone pedestal. The work shows a nude male figure of over life-size sitting on a rock with his chin resting on one hand as though deep in thought, and is often used as an image to represent philosophy.
Thinking. 

Thinking, such a beautiful thing it is. Yet- not many of us have ever met 'Thinking'. Thinking is such a beautiful process.

You might have probably come across the saying: "We think, therefore we are!".

I believe, I know it. Thinking is what makes existence. You think therefore you are.

Rene Descartes: 'I think therefore I am'


Try sitting down and stop thinking. Just push back thoughts, images, visions! No I'm not asking you to do those meditation sessions where they require you to concentrate on some white light or your breath. Push back everything- Do it!

Suffocated? Felt blood struggling to come out of your nose??

Not thinking would kill you. In the literally sense, you would die!



That concentrating on the white light or your breath simply took you away from the busy thoughts of life, but they are still making you concentrate, think on them!



Think about thoughts – in itself a mind-boggling feat – and you quickly realise that they come in many varieties, from idle reverie to determined problem-solving. As far as we know, these are experiences only humans enjoy. In fact, "thought" may be the best answer to the perennial question: "What makes us human?".

That is a thought. But try to articulate where it comes from, and you may find yourself stymied. Thinking comes so naturally to us that we rarely stop to consider how ineffable and ill-understood it is. Nor is it any easier to pin down how we solve problems, or come up with ideas.

Honestly, believe me when I say that without your thoughts, you cease to exist.

Whats's interesting here is that nothingness of thoughts explodes the mind.

And an explosion of thoughts culminates into the tiniest point infinity in the mind beckoning for even more thoughts!



I am a huge fan of Thinking. I love to think. It makes me happy. Thoughts drive me out of my mind. It drives me insane- so insane that I fall in love with my thoughts.

I cannot not think. Thinking is sexy. Thoughts are sexy. SEXy..SEX.. Synergistic Energy eXchange..This exchange of energy! The travelling of thoughts.. Woah! Gorgeous!




I so much believe in the sexiness of thoughts that I cannot believe it when some people do not want to embark on this Awareness!



It just happend now- I shared something on my social networking site and tagged friends. The only response that I get is 'Likes' and 'Watched it'. But hell- Noo!! I don't want you to merely like or watch it! I want you to think and share your thoughts.

"MOST people would die sooner than think – in fact they do so."
Philosopher Bertrand Russell coined this maxim back in 1925, as a witty aside in a passage. It has since become a standard lament about people's ignorance and incuriosity.

THINK! THINK! THINK for goodness sake!


Okay- fine, I know that you thought, but THINK MORE, Think better, THINK Still, Think until you think you've had enough Thoughts to make you love them all!

But then,at times I think that you are probably thinking, but it's just that you don't want to share it loud out! But it doesn't matter. What matters is that you think!

But sharing your thoughts would not have been bad either!


There are three energies. Thought, Word and Action. Together the three produce result, experiences.
Our soul (subconscious, id, spirit, past) is the total sum of our feelings. Our awareness of some of these is our memory. Re-membering is to re-assemble the parts of Who We Are. This process begins with the thought – an idea, a concept, a visualization. All that we see was once someone else’s idea. Nothing exists now that did not first exist as pure thought. All that now exists started as pure thought.
Next in the process is the word. Word is a thought expressed. Words are creative, they are more creative that thoughts, as they are a different level of vibration.
Next is action. Actions are words moving.
Actions – Words – Thoughts – Ideas.
God explains the process of creation as operating through three levels: thought, word, and action. Words are described here as "thought expressed" which "sends forth creative energy into the universe." 3 This idea is repeated where words are described as a vehicle for bringing thought into concrete reality.
Thoughts rule how we experience ourselves. Thoughts like ‘I am broke, I don’t have money’ dictate how long we stay broke. It is our feeling of sorry for ourselves, the sitting around and not trying to find a way, which keep us in a situation.

And SHARING, What does sharing do? Sharing increases the power of your thoughts..


Swayam Vichar Kijiye (Think Yourself) :P 
______________________________________________________


Psycholosy: Thoughts are mental cognitions—our ideas, opinions, and beliefs about ourselves and the world around us. They include the perspectives we bring to any situation or experience, which color our point of view.

Neuroscience: What thoughts are remains mysterious from a neuroscientific point of view.



SO WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU THINK?

Brain cells communicate with each other through an electrochemical process. Every time you think, learn or communicate, a neuron (brain cell) in your brain sends a nerve impulse down its axon. The axon of one brain cell makes multiple thousands of connections with many thousand other brain cells. The point where one brain cell connects to another is called a synapse.

When the nerve impulse (electro-magnetic bio-chemical message) surges down the axon, it is fired across the synaptic gap via a chemical messenger called a neurotransmitter into the dendrite of the receiving brain cell. The nerve impulse then travels along the axon of this brain cell, across the synaptic gap to another brain cell and so on. When a neuron activates (“fires”) another in this way, it’s like a switch being turned on. Neurons fire like a line of falling dominoes. This activity is the process that creates the intricate pathway of thought, also called memory traces or neural pathways.

Neurons can either “excite” other neurons to make them function. Or they can “inhibit” other neurons so they don’t become active. Therefore, there are different types of neurotransmitters that either excite or inhibit other neurons. Neurotransmitters are found in the food we eat.


Further Readings:
We Think, Therefore We Are (2009) is a science fiction anthology of new short stories edited by Peter Crowther, the sixth in his themed science fiction anthology series for DAW Books. The main topic of the fifteen stories in the book is artificial intelligence. The introduction is written by Paul McAuley.



Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt