Skip to main content

Teenage Expressions (17+)

Hello people, I conducted this survey 2 months ago. Do have a look if you are interested. ;)

I am now sharing some of the responses! :)

I was pretty amazed by them all! The survey basically constituted of a series of question pertaining to the Teenager-Parents-Family link. Well, someone once said that children grow to becoming the best judges of parents. 
If you are a parent and are trying to strike a better way of 'taming' your teen, have a look at the responses below. :)

If you could change 3 things about your parents what would they be and why?

1.      I'm not sure.

2.      Their habit of going back on their words back biting of people misunderstanding some situations.

3.      Nothing, I like them as they are.

4.      Nothing. I love them as they are.

5.      I don't want to change anything about them.

6.      Converse with them as friends- As far as my mom is concerned, I can still share a partial of the things and events that happen in my life, yet it is not as much as I share with my elder sister (to whom I tell practically everything) But my father is someone to whom I personally find difficult to open up to. Hence I would have really liked to talk to my parents about my friends and difficulties (and crushes xD) as of they were my friends 2. Their views on the different religions- Growing up in an environment as that of Mauritius, I have learnt to mingle with all types of people, regardless of their religion, yet my parents are still rather close minded as far as religion is involved in cases like dating and marriage. I mean to say that they would never agree if one day, I were to want to date/marry a guy from a different religion; chinese, muslim,... Thus, this would have been a positive change in them. 3. To think of other things apart from my academic study- Even though, I've been able to develop some of my talents such as guitar playing and dancing as extracurricular activities (upon insisting) my parents don't really allow me to develop other such skills and I find myself limited to only my studies and tuition and thus I would have loved if they could allow me to develop other than academically.


7.      I want to change nothing about them. They are best as they are right now.


8.      Stop ageing them. Make them more receptive to new ideas. Make them for thirsty for life! :D


9.      Their outlook on the educational system for i believe they focus mainly on academics. 2. I want them to be friendlier since i want to share so many more things with them. 3. I want them to enjoy themselves more often since i don't find them relaxed often.


10.  Habits Habits Habits :p


11.  Mom allowing me to participate in boxing matches at international level. -Dad giving me some more money during holidays. -mom and dad allowing me to eat what i want.


12.  The way they SOMETIMES judge people just by their looks The way they SOMETIMES think I'm still a kid with no sense of reasoning whatso'ever I'd make them love me more than my brothers... :P


13.   Make mom less short-tempered.


14.  Their way of perceiving certain things - their belief in God.


15.  More open minded, more understanding and better listeners.

    Do you believe in teenage relationships? / Do you think voting rights should be given to 16 year olds? Why is that so?
1.      It might be a child, a teenager, an adult, we are all human beings and we all have feelings. So relationships are important for everyone.

2.      No I don't. This is because at this age, most teenagers go into relationships just to 'fit in' and looks matter most for some. The 'perfect' reputation n being who people want you to be. Also, if someone has a sincere relationship, they may break up when they have to go to uni or move out of the country.

3.      I'm personally not in much favour of teenage relationship, but I do believe that you can actually find your 'true love' during your teenage years. Undeniably today, these boyfriend-girlfriend relationships have become very common as for example, one third of the girls (or even more) in my college have got a boyfriend, and many of them still aren't really ready for it(as per their ages, as some start dating in f1 already, that is, aged 12) Also, the consequences are that some relationships may do more bad than good as it tends to affect the students' studies, behaviour towards others and also family life (if ever the parents come to know) And hence, I can say that to an extent of 80%, i do not believe in teenage relationships. Though the other 20% refers to those teenagers who manage to find their true love at an early age, and are actually committed to each other and can maturely develop and handle their responsibilities toward their respective families and society. The example of it being my parents who indeed started dating at an early age and are still happy and love each other a lot even after 27 years of marriage!

4.      Yes. Teenagers have a far more critical thinking than most adults. They are aware of the proper use of the ballot box to threaten the government.

5.      Mostly, I do. I believe somehow it helps you to grow up (well, depending on people). It offers you a new way of seeing things, understanding or trying to understand the other person and loving that person in a way you have never done before...This relationship can be viewed as healthy as long as there is no "addiction" whereby you call your gf/bf as soon as you wake up, meet him or her at least once everyday, text and call him/her all day long and still at night, you are lamenting :"Oh baby, i'm missing you!" I believe this relationship can be used to learn to express oneself-talking about one's inner feelings, thoughts, fears or emotions. It offers you memories that you are never ever going to forget-texting in class, smiling for nothing, fighting over silly things, having butterflies in your stomach seconds before meeting your sweetheart, the heart-melting phases, the glances which send shivers down your spine, looking at the watch and praying for school to finally end to rush to the bus to meet that person, buying silly gifts just like that, worrying yourself to death when that person is not replying your message, waiting for everybody to go to sleep to be able to talk peacefully to that person and all the beautiful things that come along... However, if you focus only on the physical aspect of this relationship, then YOU ARE ACTUALLY MISSING OUT THE BEST!

6.      Both. It do not depend on teenagers but actually on the individuals's mindset, their responsibilty to care of the other, to share his/her love etc

7.      No -16-year old and still immature -do not know about the true corrupted and bad side of politics

8.      Yes and no. Yes, because sometimes it teaches you lessons that you might otherwise miss. And missing those might cause you to make wrong decisions while choosing your life partner later on. No, because some teenage relationships end up in a very nasty way, scarring both individuals for life because of the stupid mistakes they committed when they thought they would be "together forever".

9.      Not at all. Most teenage relationships last only for a few years and are not actually based on 'true love' but rather attraction.






Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt