Skip to main content

From Delhi to Agra



Yea, so as you know, I'm a huge music listener, especially Bhangra and Punjabi songs. And trust me, India is beyond a musical country.


Ek vilain's album is very much in vogue over here. At night you sleep over blasting street music. Yesterday it was Lungi Dance till we dozed off with the background enlaced with constant honking and screaming. Lmao Right now on Delhi FM A parody of Pani Rand De is playing and My God! It goes as: Sardi ka Dang dekh ke, moti waale jacket dhal gaye.. Parodies are so rampant everywhere!! :D :D :D


About the tea, Chai sold everywhere, it's savoured with elaiti.

Oh god- I saw it, finally! Mutra Visarjan on the streets! Men were on facing the fence of the major road and attending to nature's call to place it politely. There barely are women. I saw a documentary whereby it is very taboo when it comes to women. Of course it will be, menstruation is not seen in a good eye either in the streets- it is considered as an illness. Duh. 😖

And we also saw families on the pavement, sleeping with their faces kissing the killer cold dusty alleys. Some were on the roundabout boiling water in rotten deksis on a wooden stove stubborn to be light.

We just gave them a bag of clothes we would no longer wear and some biscuits. But their main concern remains money, they kept standing by the car until it didn't move from the traffic jam, knocking and pleading. It's not annoying, just very embarrassing.

Back in Mauritius we all practically gave the same social standing. I cannot allow myself to raise my eyelashes over here mostly because it's not in me to look up with the chin up looking at the sky when some are sitting down scratching the earth.

I truly believe that there is a Goddess in everyone of us and I would not disrespect that. India is a humbling experience.. Very modest country. If you want to learn how to have you head bent not in submission but as a sign of respect, have a stroll in the Indian streets.
Whilst the poor people truly take their caste in their stride and literally behave like human slaves, always submissive.. You would have the experience of trying to integrate with them on a soulful level and discover divinity in 'inferiority'.

If you want to have a good insight of the Indian society, a proper one- just switch on the morning radio.

A biochemical engineer is paid 5400 rupaiyaa per month I think in India, 😰
When you think about that!

Priyanka Chopra is very talked about, you see her photos a lot- mostly because of the social causes she works for, which is what startled me about India and which we don't have back in Mauritius: a very powerful media education system!

The debates on radio are more than only centred not on politics but rather on dramatic social plagues like rapes, eve teasing or toxic food! And they are quite serious about them. People are involved in social activities, they are quite conscious.  Campaigns are definitely more powerful than Mauritius.

The Swaach Bharat Mission of Dearest Modiji is everywhere on posters and somewhere down the line I feel like there are things that gave changed since the BJP rule at quite a faster rate than before !

Arvind Kerjiwaal's photo is also everywhere. (Leader of Aam Jaanta Party)
The newspapers over here are so much more professional!
It's noteworthy just to highlight the fact that there actually is a difference between journalists who go up till different university degrees and those who get their jobs only after an HSC.

Delhi is quite aware of social plagues and they talk about it without any shame or discomfort. In Mauritius we are quite insensitive towards rapes, sex offences, murders etc. People read about it the news and then turn the page over. But over here, it definitely is different. People seem to have finally accepted the situation and are talking about it! And that's a huge step. And there seems to be this collective consciousness, a movement.

Back in Mauritius, people say that India is poor, a dirty country, yeh hain wo hain. I mean, take a chill pill biddo!

From where I'm seeing it, India is more technologically equipped than MRU!
Solar panels installed to generate electricity on the sides of the highway, computerised road signs such as speed limits and interactive boards as well as good roads in the newer built places.

The fast food outlets are also a little better. They give you seasonings and sauces à gogo! Like KFC's ketchup, mustard and honey!



Oh yes- about KFC! It can be a tad bit more spicy and tangy over here, even the 'Regular' just to fit the culture but it's more 'healthy' in the sense of it has practically no oiliness or a stale taste that MRU's KFCs can showcase.

It also has a different menu card just like Malaysia has its own.



We are in Noida right now on the Yamuna Express, driving to Mathura and Vrindavan. So we have a 125 km ride.

I saw a Sikh man with his pagdi and and all in a local modern Daaba holding a royal dagger!

The roads of the highway are not exactly made of  asphalt but rather they are pre-made slabs of concrete that are placed like carpets.

Over here, the "Mundi hillo" way of communicating is indeed valid!

The desi huts are now in view! Small, cute huts made of dried brownish and golden leaves standing amidst the Mustard fields, Saarson ke keths currently in its divine yellow bloom as in DDLJ! : The SRK and Kajol scene!



Earlier at the modern Dhaba, we met a little Rajasthani girl, barely 6 of age. She didn't have her front teeth and she was waving us good bye.
A little while later a Musician playing a local instrument joined her and there she went swirling. And in those swirls I tried to grasps the enormity of child labour. Yesterday at Connaught place, I saw a little boy of 5 of age approximately, polishing the shoes of a young handsome Indian rushing to work in his 'suit, boot'.



Another boy of 12 approximately was working at the Mobile Network Card purchase store. And all of this are decent jobs, those seen as acceptable in an India where not only is the education for them free but the uniform, the books and the meals are also free.

At an hour where others were going to school in their uniform, these kids were in the look out for the green notes.



One thing you'll also understand in India is that once you caught the attention it's hard to escape that. People will stare throughout. Out of curiosity though rather than a direct privacy breach.
Yes, you will feel glamorous.

Yesterday though, while talking to an auto rickshaw driver, a god-knows-what agency men overheard our pretty whispery talks and he followed us for 4 or 5 minutes pestering us to buy his product.
Paan! :P
A situation like that also arose when Mamma was bargaining for a purse but eventually drop the idea of taking it back hone as she wouldn't even use it. The purse was beautiful only to be beautiful else it had no purpose to my Mom. So she continued her way but the green claded lady seller from Surat followed us for a while and kept pulling us to her stall as if her life depended on it. The passersby were neutral, it was something they saw everyday. Mom obviously was not going to buy the purse but that lady seller kept insisting and even drop the price from two thousand something to 500 rupaiyaa!

Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt