Skip to main content

My Brother

I believe in the power of annoying little brothers. My brother fits this title perfectly. It can be hard having a younger sibling, especially when he’s a boy. Especially when he’s twelve and going through puberty.
He’s shifted from being my baby little brother to my little brother simply.
To be on the same level of annoyance as my little brother I make fun of him. I tease him. He responds with a pillow punch, or if I’m lucky just a “shut up”.


Like most siblings, we fight. I’d accidentally push him into a bedroom wall then he’ll respond by tackling me to the floor. I need to keep a tight grip on his fists just so they don’t collide with my face. How we fight and exchange mean words over who should do the dishes. How when my mom gets mad when there’s no more toilet paper and asks “who was the last one to use the bathroom?!” and my brother responds that it was me, when it wasn’t. How he gets embarrassed when he’s around my friends.
Despite the fights and the curse words exchanged between one another, he is all I have. We’re bond together by blood. He’s all I have during the boring home alones. He’s all I have to laugh with till my stomach hurts right before bed time. He’s the one who will ask for a salivary cheek kiss and return the same favour more than twice.
I believe in annoying little brothers.


Without my little brother I would feel somewhat alone. I’d have no one to play with and no one to keep me from growing up and not an honest opinion when I need one. When I have a bad hair day or a bad attitude, most people would say “yeah, your hair looks nice,” my little brother will say “you look like a witch”. Gee thanks. (My brother’s correct nickname had actually be Gee, his name’s Geemeylan. But we call him Zo. ^^”)
Little brothers teach us how to live, how to have patience, and how to put others before ourselves. They teach us how to live and have fun by playing with water guns or jumping in the moon bounce at New Year eves together. To have the patience when a brother won’t stop bugging you when you’re watching television or get out of the bedroom when you need some privacy.


I believe in little brothers because in the end, they are not so bad.
They aren’t bad either when they shut you in the toilet from outside, or when they boo you before you enter any room. They aren’t bad either when they tickle you down to death. I’m seriously laughing my ass out here. Little brothers can be mean with the chocolate and the sweets because they won’t spare one for you.
6 years separate us in time. And I have known him for almost 13 years now; I still remember his first day like it was yesterday. I remember his pooping in diapers, his toys and his crawling around.


He was a sweet bundle of amusement as he grew up although I remember I wanted to teach him lessons for being so mean to me. He has been a mixture of joy and irritation he is for me.
He was just about two years old and, everyone in the family is all the time engrossed in watching his antics. As he is at the age of learning, Oh! No at the age of aping, he is all the time and every day learning new things and thus keeps all of us busy.


But as I turned 14 and him 8, we created the average siblings fight per hour! You know Tom and Jerry right? Well basically that's a very accurate description of my brother and me. Although I wouldn't be able to tell who is Tom and who is Jerry as we believe we are both Jerry and we have been fighting so many times over that.
I am not his sister when he does stupid things, but he is definitely my brother when I have to do stupid things! 

He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal.


.  .  .

“As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn’t care, but I always knew they looked out for me and were there!” » Catherine Pulsifer

“The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose.” » Garrison 

“Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other.” » James Patterson 

“Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caringquite often the hard way.” »  Pamela Dugdale

Until next time,
Much love,


Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt