Skip to main content

Idleness

To be awfully honest, I don't have anything to write about right now, and this saddens me. It’s been a while since I have been able to sit down and write something that came to me really passionately. I was simply waiting for ‘the moment’ as I always used to, but it’s not coming that naturally lately. I guess it’s the school hangover.






8th September 2014

OK. I don't exactly know what to pen, but here I am writing something which I hope I'll complete. My cousin is leaving us all tomorrow to go to a foreign land with her husband. I'm sort of feeling sad, given she used to stay at mine and obviously two young girls who get to spend the night together is equal to all the gossips, the love matters, the boy friends and the happenings. They used to be intense nights, both of us lying in bed with Candy right in the middle. If you had replaced my darling doll by my brother, I bet the hands would have talked more than the mouth for he would have started a pillow fight it worse a tickling battle. But we made sure to leave him downstairs before rushing to our slither under our cosy quilt.


There's so much that we used to talk about. Advices, what to do next situations amongst others. I'm definitely going to miss those moments now that I'll never get these back. All of my cousins have grown much older, each of them packed in their routine lives.

10th March 2016

I am a boring person who prefers visiting a museum or library to learn about history, theology and cultures rather than partying. I am a lover of people and their interactions.

Whenever I go about my daily activities, watch a movie, interact with people, I relate what unfurls in front of me to sociological concepts that I have learned. Sociology is wonderful to me because it touches almost every aspect of life. I will often ask new parents why they chose to decorate their babies’ rooms pink or blue according to their gender, pick up a row for some of my uncles labelling a certain minority ethnic group as being lazy and immediately react to common stereotypes such as “All women are lousy drivers!”, or “All youngsters are vandals!”

The field I want to be in is so badly promoted on my island that I have had no sense of direction. Mauritians always have a definite idea of what a doctor does, what a scientist does, what an undercover agent does. They have no idea if society is even studied from a scientific perspective. Until I took up Sociology in Junior School, I have been feeling like I have myself introduced myself to the field while the rest of my friends have been guided till there. And while I have to scrutinize carefully to find a role-model, the rest of my friends have plenty of that.

I think sociology provides me with a strong liberal arts preparation needed for positions in the criminal justice system, business, social service and government which my country badly needs. I see myself as someone who is going to come back to my island to bring innovative ways of living and ideas to share and make my island progress on the social philosophy front.

Until next time,
Much love,





.  .  . 

  DO NOT FORGET TO GIVE A THUMBS UP AND FOLLOW IF YOU LIKED THIS POST.
COMMENT TO LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FOUND IT OR WHAT YOU THINK OF IT.
YOU CAN ALSO ADD ME ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE.
IF YOU ARE KIND ENOUGH, PLEASE RECOMMEND AND SHARE TO HELP ME REACH MORE READERS.



Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt