Skip to main content

December 2015 to Mid-February 2016

Hello Everyone,

I thought talking to you would be great today. I have not written a single life update since December last and it sucks to be really honest. I think it always gives me a good cardinal point as to where I'm headed and what I have been able to achieve for the last few days. It just helps me get more organised in my head. 

Well, it took a while, but I’m finally back online. I know, I had not exactly gone anywhere but you might have noticed that my content went a bit soul-stipped lately. In truth, my absence from the online world has not been due solely to lack of time, but also to the fact that I’ve been doing a lot of stuff with my 8 months of holidays that I don't have time to sit down long enough and think, philosophise and get inspired. Can you imagine? I have even sacrificed my daily dose of Political News and World Affairs! I'm even afraid about whether I lost my critical thinking aptitudes or not. 

December 2015
It was more than a normal urge to re-connect to a childhood passion: painting. And at the start of December, as a means to get started, I invited some younger girls from school at mine for an all-day painting fest. 


December 10th, I went for an interview at Caritas Mauritius and was eventually appointed as the temporary replacement of the secretary for 3 months. I started my swimming classes too, yes I confessed, despite living on an island I’m not much of a perfect swimmer and I need those classes. I wanted to be a mermaid as a kid and I remember practising for this with my cousin, +Heshna, like seriously we used to save imaginary wounded sailors from the lagoon and would race and see who gets the most the quickest. There was several escapades to the seaside early morning at 6 am or late evening at 5 pm. 


Good Old times recreated. I think we went to a concert too in December or November. It was that of +Sanam Band. It was nice, not super nice but nice. Divali was also here in November. 



 In a bid to bring together family and friends after a 2 year hiatus of almost no get-together I planned a Family Tour across the island by renting a bus and hosted a Day Out with friends at Grand Baie, a coastal village of the island to discover it by walk: bowling, interacting with local vendors, shopkeepers, and admiring the beach. There was also a lot of theatre-going to catch movies. I was to watch +Bajirao Mastani with my maternal Grandmom (this time it was my very own grandmom ^^").








In the same breath came my weekly driving school classes and voluntary actions with YUVA with whom I was enrolled in the task force for its first anniversary celebrations at the University of Mauritius’ auditorium. I was responsible for the distribution of invites in the north of the island and was part of the welcoming and entertaining committee of guests. Before that event, however, one of the many conferences I attended for YUVA was such that I was floored; it was the 3rd Parliamentary Session of YUVA in connection to the International Forum for Good Governance 2015 on which I wrote an article.



January 2016
And then came the time around the second week of January to give back to my alma mater: the Queen Elizabeth College by commissioning the continuity of the Debating Club which I had set up with the help of our alumni association: Semper Sosores and the initiating of a ‘QECareer Fair’ for the current students, which has yet to be approved by the ministry. Then came the organisation of our ‘School Leavers 2015 QEC Farewell Party and I to commandeer tasks such as: Music, Decorations, Entertainment, Catering, Photographer, and Jumping Castle among others. I took the responsibility of budgeting, video-slide show making and digital mass advertising myself and co-shared the responsibility of fund-raising with a friend. This event was also an opportunity to stir many of my girlfriends into action and inspiring them to take initiatives. 

My birthday came up and this time I got to share it with my Dad's father's brother's wife, basically my grandmom. She lives in France but she was here in Mauritius. Yes, to US readers, the Asian diaspora which I belong to tend to have a huge family network. It is fun, believe me.

We share the same Birthday and probably that is why we have one of the most incredible chemistries. My Mom can doze off listening to me talk about the philosophies of life and my thoughts about various things, she never will. My Dad can give up on my perpetual talking, she never will. My brother can stop contributing to my conversations, she never will.

I think that if I had to give anyone a fulgurant example of a grandparent- grandchild's formidable meet-halfway relationship, I would ask them to come see the wondrous elders of my family!

We talk about everything: from religion, social behaviours and politics, to the glamour world, fashion, conjugal life and life.

I also started to give individual coaching sessions to a handful of 8th-grade students and online private tuition to 12th-grade students for their essay-writing. By the end of January, I pushed myself to reach 478 blog Posts with Our Alter Ego and got on the verge of drafting Aaron and Maithli’s 22nd chapter. I am now starting to contact some local publishing houses in the hope of having the first copy of my book.

I am currently very closely following a new Soap from Star Plus, titled ‘Siya Ke Ram’ which is the narration of world-famous Indian Mythology story Ramayana from the perspective of the female protagonist Sita who has so far been relegated as a voice in the patriarchal world we live in. The understanding of the female entity I’m receiving from there led me to write my recent much-appreciated article titled ‘Female Nature’. 

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to dedicate more time to reading novels and re-decorating my room as I am used to doing every holiday. But I promised myself that they will come up soon. Nonetheless, I have tried to get back to some poetry-writing I had unwillingly stopped 4 years back.

February 2016
For the month of February I started my Online Critical Thinking Course offered by Cambridge and Macat, and grabbed the opportunity of project assisting a local social research work on the topic of ‘Social Change in Mauritius’. My A-Level results also came by. I went out with my cousins a lot and we stayed a weekend in a little house just in front of the sea. Interestingly I was able to spend more time to one of my greatest hobbies: combining different cuisines in the kitchen and trying out new recipes. And I started yet another course work. I also joined a YouTube Channel and I hope to grab that as yet another way to express my thoughts. 





And there are probably a lot of other things I missed out. I only wrote up till mid-February. I'll pick up some other day. I hope that you have had fun during your holidays.

Until next time,
Be Light,
Much love,





Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt