Skip to main content

Life: A Fight


The following is a Guest Post and may not be in line with the philosophy of Our Alter Ego. I just wanted to give people the opportunity I always thirsted for but never got, which is a platform for expression. I hope you appreciate the endeavours. 
Be Light, 
Much Love,
Iam Aehr.
.  .  .

What's a fight to you? To me, it's when you don't give up and stand up straight in the face of adversity till the last wisp of life doesn't abandon you. That's a real fighter. It's going to be nearly two decades since I've been roaming the earth and I can confidently assure that life is a constant fight. Sometimes voluntary or involuntary. We do not choose life, life chooses us. From the mind-boggling frenetic race against million sperms to see the light at the end of the tunnel to welcoming the oblivion of death, everything is predefined.

19 years of existence and I've come to realize that each and everyone is fighting their own respective battles. All you can do is either be a silent spectator or become an active actor in the rigged battlefield of life. Either way, at the end of the day, it is life that wins over the individual. An unexpected win is perceived by the gullibly mortal mind as a stroke of luck. But the macrocosm has always been the mastermind behind every little denouement.

Shakespeare, in all his glory, understood what many took for granted..." The world's a stage, and men and women merely players ". The game can be ours but the rules are His. It's almost pathetic to see some ignorant souls trying to defy what's already been etched down by the almighty ink. Still, sometimes many devote their lifetime trying to win a lost battle. 

I remember how my innocent mind got frightened away by the notion of death in the blossoming days of life. The tender heart had shivered with the fear of the unknown monster lurking on the threshold of life. The child was afraid to sleep at night; afraid that a nocturnal force will maliciously manhandle the course of life and meander it into the dark abyss of nothingness. 

The prying eyes welcoming the tentative rays of sunlight was nothing less of a blessing in those days. The breath brazenly mingling with the saturated air of life. The tightly pressed lips timidly letting out a sigh of relief at being alive. A silent litany of gratitude expelled from the mortal heart, turgid with the hope of falling into the ears of the divine deity.
Those were the days.

Nowadays, the prying eyes only blink lethargically in the light of a new dawning day. The bored breath dying halfway with the half-heartedness of its host. The down-turned lips sagging with the burden of existence. A cathartic curse curtly expelled from the hardened heart.
This is what happens when you are suddenly thrown into the vortex of adulthood. The transition from the world of innocence to the world of experience is marked by a startling stumble. Pathetically, maturity stands aside and only smirks when you fall onto your face. Only when you've been bruised by the whims of life that maturity comes forward and offer you a sympathetic hand and a crooked smile powdered with the sardonic words “Wasn’t that fun?"

Frankly, the excitement of being "surprised" by life slowly dies away like embers after a cool campfire. The fun only lasts with the drunken stupor of being young. With the passage of time, the facade of life slowly slips away and reveal the chaffing effect of the years. That's where the fighting spirit comes from: knowing that the destination is the same dreaded one for all and yet negotiating the path of life with the head upheld high.

As it has been rightly said, "Death does but only stand aside at birth itself". Death is an avid aficionado who munches popcorn indulgently while sprawling comfortably in the theatre of life. The fall of the curtains signifying the call of duty; that is of ridding the individual from the shackles of the mortal realm. Death then gleefully rubs its hands in sadistic jubilation.

The aspiration of life can, therefore, be reduced to the ability of scorning the grim reaper at the end of the day with a self-assured smirk “I’m done. Hasta la vista folks!” It's like giving life a taste of its own medicine. Surprise life with your immeasurable courage. You are worth much more than life can ever make you realize. Ride the rollercoaster of life with screams and hysterical howling. Because life has many tricks up its sleeves. It's best to be prepared. 

The trick to happiness is to be cockily sharp and fast so as to beat life at its own game. Centuries have flown by, yet many enlightened souls have been seeking the perfect escapism to introduce a sense of utopia. These "enlightened" souls now go by the name of "politicians". The only muddle of the common is to understand that self-awakening lies our own hands and not in those who wield the propaganda of practicality and demureness. Who would have thought that grim reapers of the economy roam about in crisp suits and scrubbed shoes?

The key to a happy life is not to renounce the materialistic world but instead to be a steady rebel who breathe down the neck of the system. I'm not downplaying the adherence of conformists. Instead, I'm harping on the hedonistic pleasure to be derived from swimming against the current. The gist is not about an overthrowing convention, but rather, spiking the system with an individualistic flavor.

The everyday fight albeit takes a toll on your whole being. It either makes or mar. Nonetheless, the breath never stops. It is an obedient knave to the supremacy of the unknown over convention. The only philosophy of life that primes “Live each day like it's your last" because you never know when life decides to put an end to the farce which we call life. So live and let live!

That's all folks. Big thank you to Pawena Kaniah (Iam Aehr) who gave me the opportunity to sully the awesome platform of Our Alter Ego with my haywire philosophical insights! All the best for a prosperous continuation.

Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt