Skip to main content

Challenging religious ideals, finally.

This would really look weird to anyone trying to get a peak of these words. After all which sane teenager uses an iPad for Ms Doc instead of a Facebook or WhatsApp?

Anyways, point is that I actually have some homework to complete but I just felt an urge to jot down some random thoughts of the day. More particularly about how a friend of mine is looking for answers, answers I'm convinced she would find no where else except from within herself.


Well, if I happen to write this article till the end and eventually forward it to her I’m sure that I w
ouldn't not come off as being creepy-­‐ they are used to my eccentric nature.

I think that she’ll feel honored as always to have someone describing her. Why not? She has a character you would want to sit down and write about. And that ‘s exactly what I'll be doing, right?

Well, this friend of mine comes from an extremely religious family, one that follows all the 
ethics, customs and traditions and observe all rituals as they are people of great faith.

Her family would easily be comparable to a typical 2000s Ekta Kapoor’s soap family-­‐ minus the Ba and joint family under one roof. What I mean is that, they consult priests for everything and have what they call their Family Priest just like you would have a Family Doctor.

Religion is truly mixed in every aspect of their life, for the least I know that's how she puts it 
forth. What’s more is that endogamy is strictly a matter of not only honor but also of your sacredness as a person. I cannot stop myself from emphasizing the number of times she either relates stories of how inter caste marriage is the biggest no no of her clan. And to talk of inter-religious marriage is sheer sacrilege defined. While ‘her own religion’ has become something she has started to see as plaguing her firm belief that “God is One and that everyone is human(-­‐and any human can marry any human)”, she set out for concrete answers in vain.

As she related her deception during chemistry classes today, I do recognize a former self of 
myself in her. One trying to have a full, impartial clear and free of paradoxes understanding of her religion. A self seeking to hear what she intuitively has always believed but made to think she is wrong by so called upholders of traditions, customs and rituals.

Of course, you as a youth of the 21st century reading this can relate to her. You do not entirely believe in what is being told to you but then up you accept it.


This is a condition that could go on the whole of your life until one day these turn into your biggest nightmare.. Until one day they rob you of your grandest part of your soul and stomp on your grandest means of expression: your freedom and your thoughts.

She must most probably have reached that stage now, where religion is impinging on her

desires to raise above endogamy. 

I most probably reached that point where religion no more answered my questions.


You could also have reached that point when science sounded much more rational than religion did.

But then I have also moved past that point. Today I have come to respect religion after three 
years of well-­‐embraced atheism. 

Why? Because I believe I have been able to decipher and interpret religion as a science and art of living rather than a blind faith. I have also come to know that my questions had no foundations earlier. That is why they never had any answers. They answers didn't belong to religion to reply. For the answers had always lied deep within me. And it’s religion entwined with spirituality and science that taught me this.


Questions like: Is God really one? Where do we come from? Why this and not this? Are

pronounced from ignorance.

But it’s good to ask these questions. However, to expect to hear what ‘religion’ has always said or what society has always said is the wrong way to ask a question.

Unless you are ready to brace the truth don't dare ask questions.
And if you mean to hear only what you want to hear, don't bother asking the question.

However, if you wish to generate more questions by hearing an answer you never ever could have conceived, shoot that question straight away.

Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt