Skip to main content

What are we Interested in? Ourselves or Others?

In the school bus again.

I just found out that some people, you people, read this blog for a particular purpose ....that of gathering, bits and bytes of the authors' lives, to such an extent that some of my friends commented that these are things that attract people more to a blog. 

And now that I'm pondering over it, would unveiling personal data be synonymous to sky-rocketing the page views. What are you really seeking for? Sensationalism, gossips, intrusion into one's personal life? 


But that's the purpose of mass media, right? So again it brings me to this perpetual conclusion that I have time and again emphasized on - the media sells what YOU want and you can't really blame them, there's a demand and they're going to supply it.

Now the big question is: Is Our Alter Ego ready to be that kind of media? YOUR kind of media? That platform, that seems to satisfy, to quench your lust for sensationalism, gossips and intrusion? 

Now let's pause that. If I was in your place, and probably reading this, it would have triggered me thinking: "Do we actually have that kind of interest in other's lives? Are we that dirty? Is it all we seek form is knowledge about others?"


Honestly, why don't we just share knowledge? Why not try to reach out for knowledge about ourselves - because honestly our Alter Ego has as one purpose which is to make each one of us to engage in a conversation with our own Selfs. This article is the concrete example that tries to push you into thinking about your Self. So, is it more interesting to know about others more than your own true self?

Is it that your soul seeks only to know about others? Is that who you are? And mind you, there's nothing wrong about being that way! That is who you are! And you are beautiful just the way you are! There's no greater fun for you to read about others, that's your identity!

But then, what you should probably acknowledge here, is that you are choosing to be that way! And that contributed to your beingness! Cherish that! Love it! Play with it. There's nothing more satisfying and reveling than being aware of who you are! ;)

Closing words from Rushaa, who so kindly typed this whole text whilst I tried to desperately slow down my pace during narration! :p : “Please do read. Rhea is desperate for some comments. God bless!” 

Thank you for that very elaborate ending clause Rushaa, I admire your love for words!


Please Like, Share, Comment, Like Again for more.

 And Don’t Forget To Comment in the Contact Form above if you don't have a Google + account or drop a comment in the comment section below. ;)


Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt