Skip to main content

Clicking, Shelfing.

Statuses have become a prized jewel today.
Oh! I to do this and that and click photos of me doing this and that or pose like this and that because guess what? I need to update my status. 
Human activity; their participation in events and their constantly on-the-run-attitude and fast-paced lives define their Beingness today in the eyes of others.
In other words, their status updates, new selfies, comments and likes define their level of social activity slash trendiness slash their "IN-ity".
From where I'm actually sitting, I have three 12-year old girls DISCUSSING- like really enthusiastically talking  about who's got the best status. To my left two 15 year olds talking about the picture of God-knows-which mate and to my right is this one girl tucked away in her own eyes!
I have come to notice that we do things only to show to others (also masqueraded as "sharing")..
_________The "Click!" Story___________________________

"Click!" = Heyyyyy, I've got a new Profile Picture!!!!! *O*
"Click! Click! Click! Click!" = We'll just choose the best one to upload on Instagram!
"Click!" *Checks, pouts* = No, I don't like it! You see my eyelash there? Deflecting by about 5.79X10^-21 degrees above the rest? Gosh! It makes me look sssoooo uglyy! Nah- Let's do this again!
___________________________________
My personal soul tells me that we've lost ourselves so much in trying to share this and that about our lives that we ultimately have nothing left for ourselves to contemplate.*Not applicable to everyone.*
But, what's with the business of pretending to do something or feeling a way when you are clearly not? Or worse, what is it with taking away the credit of the hard work of another person just by promoting the thing in such a way that it seems like you've been the creation/work/task?
Or perhaps what's worst is suddenly becoming best buddies with some random niece of the cousin of your mom at her birthday party in barely less than an hour  just so that you can appear to be the bestie of the birthday girl who threw such a huge party!
Honestly, I have stopped thinking about what to think about this. It drains me out, intoxicates me. Being surrounded by teenagers makes it even worse. I don't want to pause and reflect as to why they do it. I'm too tired of such attitudes- so much that it disgusts me.
They say we shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but let’s face it: people are shallow. 
Watch this video, you'll perhaps grasp what I really mean!



____________________Online________________________

Psychology paper finds Facebook and other social media offer platform for obsessions with self-image and shallow friendships.
People who score highly on the Narcissistic Personality Inventory questionnaire had more friends on Facebook, tagged themselves more often and updated their newsfeeds more regularly.The research comes amid increasing evidence that young people are becoming increasingly narcissistic, and obsessed with self-image and shallow friendships.
GE includes ''self-absorption, vanity, superiority, and exhibitionistic tendencies" and people who score high on this aspect of narcissism need to be constantly at the centre of attention. They often say shocking things and inappropriately self-disclose because they cannot stand to be ignored or waste a chance of self-promotion.The EE aspect includes "a sense of deserving respect and a willingness to manipulate and take advantage of others".
The research revealed that the higher someone scored on aspects of GE, the greater the number of friends they had on Facebook, with some amassing more than 800.
Those scoring highly on EE and GG were also more likely to accept friend requests from strangers and seek social support, but less likely to provide it, according to the research.
"The way that children are being educated is focussing more and more on the importance of self esteem – on how you are seen in the eyes of others. This method of teaching has been imported from the US and is 'all about me'.

The academic suggested that some Facebook users feel the need to become 'mini celebrities' who are watched and admired by others on a daily basis.They do things that are 'Facebook worthy' because the only way they can define themselves is by 'people knowing about them'.'It's almost as if people are living in a world that's not a real world, but a world where what counts is what people think of you or (if they) can click on you,' she said.


_________________-Quotes_______________________“I was tired of pretending that I was someone else just to get along with people, just for the sake of having friendships.” ― Kurt Cobain“In deep waters, you encounter only the wise and the brave; in shallow waters, the ignorant and the coward!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan“He knows how to market himself well. Nowadays, that's all that seems to count. He's rebellious in a way that appeals to people with vain, shallow taste. So of course he manipulates his audiences with the blessing of his recording company and the financial investors behind his brand.” ― Jess C. ScottSVEN, Incubus Story.02


With all my love,



Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt