Skip to main content

What's your Duty?

Duty. Everybody thinks about their truthful duty. Some about their own duty, others about the rest's duties! When it comes to the duty of the others, gossips keep coming and going. Judgements. Opinions. Comments. But there's none who doesn't think about duty!

But, in real, what is duty? Has anyone been able to understand that?


Duty gives  the knowledge of how a human can live happily with another human, with the rest of the world. Imagine if you fulfilled all your duties, accomplished all your roles and reached to all the values set out- wouldn't you have been happy and made others happy? Now, as teenagers- you are meant to understand that very well. Who wants to hear the old have bloating their larynxes in vain in any case?


This is the reason why, at the threshold of duty, one always finds peace. Don't you feel so?


In other words, duty destroys all the hurdles or ill feelings of a human. It avoids those filthy encounters with parents and heated argument with that girlfriend or even envy towards that 'friend'!


But how is it possible that a human harbours no ill feelings towards another human?


Think about it, where there is love, are there ill feelings? You would say Yes, obviously there are! But,... If you think a little more, you will know that the moment ill feelings arise, love fades away. And then desires awake. Arrogance awakes, anger rises up, but love? No! Love does not rise! Because where there is love, all the divisions, ill feelings and quarrels get destroyed!


So, what do you think? Have you felt love for all those people you've harboured I'll feelings for? Is it then that you are incapable of love? Or is it that you chose certain particular persons to love and the others to resent? Are you that kind of a person?


Now, what if you extended love to everyone, to everything, irrespective of the opinions, judgements and comments? To love purely and simply?

If that same love was to arise for the whole universe? Not only for humans, but also for the fauna and flora. If love emanates from the heart even for the tip of the grass's leaf, then would there stay any reason for anger?
If the same love that vibrates in the heart of a human for another, was felt for the entire universe, then we name it Acceptance...compassion, empathy. Acceptance of the whole world.

Only love and nothing else for everyone! No rebellion. Acceptance in reality in the world of all duties.



Hello people!

Now this article you would perhaps not digest it but has been inspired by the Srimad Bhagvad Gita and perhaps if I had started the whole article by telling you that you would just have not paid attention to it, scrolled down or even close the tab. Mostly because, well- 'Who reads Holy Scriptures in this f*cking world?!'

Now acknowledge that everything above are actually quotes from the Bhagvad Gita taken up and translated.

Hopefully I might be introducing the westerners to one of the five pillars of Hinduism which is Dharm or Dharma. To those of my age but never bothered to consider reading a holy scripture and put off knowing about religion- well, you just learnt something! 


The true writing goes as follows:


''Dharm, dharm ke vishay me sab vichar karte hai, koi apni hi dharm ke vishay me, koi anney ke dharm ke baare me. Kisi anney ke adharm ko lekar charcha hoti hi raheti hai. Koi vi aysa nehi hai jo dharm ke vishay par vichar na karta ho.

 Kintu, vastab me dharm hai kya? Kya koi ye samajh paya hai? Dharm, manushay ko dusre manushay ke saath, samasta srishti ke saath sukh se jine ka gyan deta hai. Yehi karan hai ki kisi dharm ke sthan par manushay ko sada hi sahnti prapt hote hai. Kya ye apka anuvab nehi?
 Arthat, dharm manushay ke saare sangharso ko naash karta hai. Par ye kis prakar sambhav hai ki manushay ko kisi anney manushay ke saath koi sangharsh na ho?
 Vichar kare, jaha prem hota hai, kya waha sangharsh v hota hai? Aap kahenge ha! Avashay hota hai... Kintu aap thora aur vichar karenge to ye jan jayenge, ki jis samay sangharsh hota hai, uss samay prem ka vishmaran ho jata hai. Aur phir, ichhae jagti hai. Ahankar jagta hai, krodh jagta hai, par prem? Na! Prem nehi jagta.... Kyun ki jaha prem jagta hai waha saare vivad, saare sangharsh, saare jhagre nasth ho jaate hai.
 Yadi aysa hi prem saare vishwa ke liye jaage to? Keval manushay nehi, pashu, pakhsi ke liye. Ghas ke tinke ke liye vi yadi hriday me prem ho to kya koi krodh ka karan rahe jata hai? Nehi na? Ek vyakti ke hriday me dusre vyakti ke liye jo prem ka vaab hota hai, wahi prem vaab samasta srishti ke liye ho, to use Karuna kaha jata hai. Karuna, arthat saare vishwa ka sweekar. Sabke liye keval prem aur kuch nehi. Kahi kisike liye koi virodh nehi. Karuna hi vastab me saare dharmo ka saar hai. Dharm yadi vrikhs hai to Karuna hi uska mul, uski jar.
 Par baar baar aysa samay aata hai ki manushay dharm ke mul ko hi vul jata hai. Kuch niyomo ko, paramparao ko pakar kar byathta hai. Aur, Karuna ko, karuna ko vula hi deta hai. Aur ye jagat var jata hai sangharsho se, irshao se, soshan se, krodh se, byar se. Arthat.... Adharm se....
 Aur tab Paramatma ko AVTAR dharan karna parta hai. Manushay ko vastabik gyan dene ke liye.
 Mahabharat ki ye katha vi ek ayse hi samay ki katha hai, jab kuch log paramparao ko dharm maan kar jite the. Aur, dusre, adharm se vare, krodh, byar, mahetmyokangsha ke vawar me fas kar dharm ka naash kar rahe the. Vyakti ko vyakti se prem to tha, kintu samasta vishwa ke liye prem nehi tha hriday me. Jagat me karuna nehi tha.
 Isi karan se Maine, Avtar dharan kiya. PARITRANAYA SADHUNAM.... sadhuo ko mukt karne ke liye, VINASAYA CHA DUSKRITAAM.... bura karye karne walo ka naash karne ke iye, DHARMA SANSTHAPANARTHAYA.... dharm ki sthapana ke liye, Mai, Vasudev Krishna... prevesh karne jaa raha hu Mahabharat ke is katha me.....''

 After understanding and perceiving this Teaching of the Lord, we feel so secured and blessed.

Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt