Skip to main content

Western Trip

Great!
Another new day, o8 41. We hare headed to Mam's where we shall pick them up to head towards Casela. It's the last day of these winter holidays and it's only when the folks have decided to take us out. Sunn Raha Hai Na Tu, Female version in the background. It's been a long since I last listened to this track of Shreyaa Goshal. The battery's 49% and now that I'm remembering this, the girls have not yet submitted their works.
I really don't know what to look forward to at Casela. There's the Safari trip, the Fishing game and Quad Biking which I did once. There's the Zip line that I tried once elsewhere. Adrenaline rush, baba. I totally recommend this as a once in a lifetime experience even for the weak hearts! Casela has obviously changed a lot comparatively to years when I was a toddler.
It used to be known only as a ''zoo'', an animal park where we dreamed to see lions- this desire having been instilled into us after a good watch of The Lion King( Le Roi Lion).
What I vividly remember is the day my grand dad was filming some monkeys and one of them approached his camera lens and showed its butt. As 5 year old, that was the funniest thing ever. Watching the video again sure brings some hilarious tears still today. :D
Balam Pichkari! Jo tune mujhe mari! Woooohhoo!
O9 oo, it's going to be a long long journey. At I'm feeling a little bit sleepy. Mam and Tata have just hoped in. There we go!
Self-Note: Terre Rouge Estuary Park, Aapravasi Ghat, Postal Museum Port Louis, Mauritius Glass Gallery-Places I have yet to hit in my short-lived life.
This journey's reminding me of our Duke of Edinburgh's Award Expedition! Those heated pavements on which we had treaded painting and thirsty of cold water! The rants, the bowed necjsm the jokes with friends! I can totally remember them! Bamboo, Cascavelle, Flic en Flac..







It was a fun visit as we walked amongst the cages of birds trying to put our personal nicknamed for each of them. Whilst one resembled an airplane with a blinking red light at its tail another literally looked like a chihuahua!
We saw this one black swan which was dragging dried leaves from a pond to cover its nest, using her neck as a JCB machine! Peacocks were left in the open everywhere, not encaged, and it was amazing to be able to see their plumage from different angles. They were pretty pacific, thankfully so.





I mostly went there for some good pictures. My brother had his head bent towards the map- he was taking his post as a guide very seriously.







As soon as I got into the lorry, I reached out instinctively for the seat belt in vain, but this surely reinvented what a bumpy ride meant! I had done this ride before, but the sensations procured with each bounce and every turn is always welcomed! The ostriches were dangerous like usual and they looked terrifying. My grand dad tried to tease one and its expression could actually kill and scare you off, especially their eyes- grey orbs that looked no less than a witch's white crystal sphere. The zebras were docile and cool to play with. They were vegetarians after all, so there was no need to be afraid. Despite African parents, little Mauritian zebras could be seen cuddling with their progenitors. My dad wants me to point out that these zebras were fat and hence very well-nourished!
Everywhere was dry, proving that we were indeed in the driest part of the island, where salt is made. It did kind of remind of the African savanes minus the feelings of real predators lurking about.








The lions were sweet although one roared really loudly- almost like those angry elephants in Indian movies! And what was astonishing was that they all had white fur, kind of a Narnia feel dawned right there!




Obviously the tourists were there and it's their presence that sort of reinforces that holiday mood! And then came an exotic art gallery and off my grands and I went rushing to see the paintings.. Believe me, I'm picking up the brushes soon! I couldn't resist the colours *0*.
Thus it went- birds, ducks, fishes, monkeys, kangaroos, deeds, tortoises, swans, flamingos, donkeys amongst others!
There were fishing games, Big Cat visits, zip lines and quad biking and Segway.
But from personal experience, Casela offers a family service.
If you really want a flux of fears and adrenaline to be secreted like your life depends on it- I recommend Quad Biking at Andrea that really gives you this wild drive that leaves you wet and muddy. The Vallee does Sept Couleurs' zip lines- the longest in the whole of the Indian Ocean with the cords lying in between very deep- catastrophically deep valleys whose mere sight urges you to step back! And for fishing games, consult Tamarin games. I don't really know any other place in Mauritius that offers the Walking with Lions experience. These recommendations are only if you truly wish to get the most adrenaline rush.
There's also the hunting games, that I have never tried.
Apparent up coming projects are the importation of giraffes, Tombogan from Italy and the 4D cinema experience. It seems to me that they are trying to gradually bring the technologies found at Sentosa, Singapore.
Battery's nearly depleted. Got to leave you, take care! :)

Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt