Skip to main content

3 Reasons why you should watch Quantico

Astute critics will immediately shun Quantico down marking it as a version of the famous TV Show GLEE  except that the quite flawed plot with some loopholes unfurls in the setting of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the FBI.

If I were you, I wouldn't take those accusations seriously. The plot may seem forced and the characters may feel like the result of a college campus focus group but it's a show not a TV reality program- so you can't expect better.

The show is technically well made. The photography for the most part is well done, the sound is good, etc. The women are beautiful to look.

Mystery, suspense, thrill and a string of complex psychologically-trapped characters, Quantico serves great brain churning content and a passionately intriguing hunt for the truth that is painted in a twist-crafted chronology.

Personally, there are 3 essential reasons I kept watching Quantico.


1. Priyanka Chopra - Alex Parrish

Priyanka Chopra is one of the most admirable women celebrities I have known and that for several reasons. She lives in different places, weaves so many different careers at the same, exudes such a dignified power in her own persona. She's someone I greatly look up to. She is the first Indian to ever be cast in the lead role in a TV show and went to win People Choice's Award for her debut with Quantico September last.

Priyanka Chopra is the strongest human asset in Quantico with her arresting lead role.  While everybody in the US is raving about her looks, here’s what we have to say: PC is definitely much more than just a pretty face. She oozes confidence and wit, and is second to none on the show. Her accent, while Facebook and Twitter trolls would not stop making fun of it, is perfect. She doesn’t try to go over the top, rolling her tongue or not finishing words as the Americans usually do. She speaks each syllable of the word and is very easy on Indian ears.

Alex isn't your average lady cop and for an FBI novice, she exudes an unapologetic confidence that doesn't cross into annoyingly smug territory. She's smart, she's sexy, she's sassy. She's the quintessential woman. The director does a fine job with the plot with her status as the #1 FBI trainee of her batch is established in a very charming way and style to see through people easily.

You cannot take your eyes off Priyanka throughout the episodes, she twists you around her little finger.


2. Style of Narration

What mainly blew me away was Quantico's nonlinear narrative. No, do not expect the show to follow the direct causality pattern of the events featured. If you are among those who have issues with keeping up with parallel distinctive plot lines, dream immersions or narrating another story inside the main plot-line, Quantico is not for you!

There is no label at the bottom of the screen to tell you when in time the sequences of events you are being shown happened, so you have a lot of your own grey cells to invest in determining the correct order of actions and words spoken. 

In movies and television, several camera techniques and special effects have evolved to alert the viewer that the action shown is a flashback or flashforward; for example, the edges of the picture may be deliberately blurred, photography may be jarring or choppy, or unusual coloration or sepia tone, or monochrome when most of the story is in full color, may be used. Do not wait for those signals. The challenge is for you as the audience to figure things out. And this makes it way too exciting.

3. The supporting cast is diverse

Alex is the lead, but the other, very very diverse recruits are just as interesting. 

The casting is evidence of modern TV done right. Quantico's cast is incredibly diverse—the principal characters are white, black, Hispanic, Indian, Arab, and gay—but the chemistry among them is organic. It's the perfect 2.0 moment: The show satisfies the appetite for diversity audiences have been asking for over the past few years, but because the characters live in a world that brings together people of all backgrounds, nothing feels forced. 


Also: It's really cool to see a woman in hijab (Nimah, above, is played by Yasmine Al Massri) on a prime-time American drama and she one beautiful woman. I cannot take my eyes off her (or her).



Quantico Season 2 will be aired this September, I suggest you catch Season 1 before that.

Until Next Time,
Much Love!


Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt