Skip to main content

Amber Fort, Jaipur

You might probably be wondering why I'm writing about something that should have ended 5 months back. But well, I had a made myself a mental promise to write about my trip to India as much as I could. Although I had initially decided to put off the plan till December this year, here I am today; about to unravel one of my days spent in Jaipur! :)

Today, I'm going to introduce you to a fort. Amber Fort.

Located high on a hill, it is the principal tourist attractions in the Jaipur area.


It was once ruled by Raja Man Singh.
Ticks a bell? To Bollywood lovers, yes this is the fort where parts of the movie Jodha Akbar was shot! 
And to the Indian TV addicts, this is where some episodes of Mahabharat (Star Plus, 2014)  was shot!


With its large ramparts and series of gates and cobbled paths. The aesthetic ambiance of the palace is seen within its walls. Constructed of red sandstone and marble, the attractive, opulent palace is laid out on four levels, each with a courtyard.




The Amber Fort is also popularly known as the Amer Palace.The palace was the residence of the Rajput Maharajas and their families. Somewhere down the line, you can still feel the vibrancy of the old reign through the snake charmers, the huge treasure troves and big marmites!

Book Covers featuring the current heirs of the throne 




Amer Fort is known for its artistic Hindu style elements. 

Belgium-imported glass eons ago, incrusted on silver-made walls of the Sheesh Mahal
It consists of the Diwan-e-Aam, or "Hall of Public Audience", the Diwan-e-Khas, or "Hall of Private Audience", the Sheesh Mahal (mirror palace), and the Sukh Niwas where a cool climate is artificially created by winds that blow over a water cascade within the palace.


Design on the ceiling painted with melted gold and gems and natural pigments

The Yard, which you would probably recognise as the court where the Pandavas and Kauravas showcased their princely abilities on the famous soap Mahabharat

Elephant Ride

Climbing up the hills on Laxmi to make our way up to the palace
Our Guide, Amar, introducing us to the private chambers of the King and Queens

Amber Fort




Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt