Skip to main content

Cleanliness | India



Modi always made sense to me. But it's only after I came to India that I understood his full vision.
#Swach Bharat Mission honestly deserves anybody's full fledge support.
There's no shame in cleaning one's own dirt up.

Littering in India is tempting. This is coming from the girl who can get a person throwing waste in the bus to at least feel bad about his act. This is coming from the girl who can stop talking to her Dad because he threw a piece of paper through the car window. And still she says that littering in India is definitely tempting.

Mostly because India is not only a vast stretch of green fields but can also be this vista of ignoble wastes!
Since everyone seems to be dumping, why can't I just follow the crowd and participate in this 'culture' of theirs?

I remember this brief encounter my mom had with a guy in Shimla. He was entertaining us with some native Himachal jewellery and when mom had a piece of plastic to throw away, she obviously was looking for a litter bin.

And what the guy had to say to that: "Kya Madam? Yahan parhi pekh dijey na- kya farkh parta hain?" (What Madam, throw it here itself, what difference does it make?)

Now of course Mamma replied back saying that if everyone started to do as he counselled then the place would be so polluted that tourists wouldn't come to Himachal anymore, hence leading to the closing down of his shop.
The guy, astonished and greatly taken aback, fidgeted and mumbled. Perhaps cursing.

In any case, that was just one little experience.




Indian politics can be so entertaining, I swear. Especially since Modi reshuffled his cabinet, he sure was working towards his 'Make in India' project.

While travelling from Delhi through Vrindavan, Mathura, Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore to Shimla and Manali, we practically questioned every rickshaw driver or vendor about their thoughts on Modi.

Some of their thoughts (and i think it's important to know the working class' opinion on their government for they are the section of any society that remains most difficult to woo!) were like: "BJP won because of only one man: Modiji!", "He was a great Chief Minister in any case, Gujarat saw a lot of progress in his wake.", "Never has the petrol price fallen so low!".

According to me, forget the littering for a while. If only two things are changed in India then the whole scenery and people will follow the Swachta. 

Number 1) Deny animals the right to walk on the vehicle pathways. Saying goodbye to cows, donkeys, monkeys, dogs, pigs, bulls and camels could actually mean not only proper respect of road codes but could also promise a pleasant scenery and odour.

Number 2) Get rid of all powdery dust. Honestly the dust coming from industrial pollution could heal the entire nation of unnecessary eyesore and ill health.



The air is too think with dust. Nothing is fresh. The sky's grey- more like a layer of accumulated dust hiding the white clouds or at times it's grey clouds sponged of acid rain.

Delhi is such a city where even the poorest man can find shelter and a living.

I have seen families protected from the chilly mornings merely with a shredded piece of dirty brown fibrous bag making a feeble stove in the roundabout so as to boil water for drinking.

Circumferenc-ing the same roundabout are posh Mercedes, Jaguar and BMWs.


Have I mentionned earlier that most stray dogs in Delhi are clothed?! :D They are! We met this one at Connaught Place, Dehli. Thrice. :D

Did I tell you that you'll often notice eagles in the sky. Yes, they exist in India.

Aahhh Baba Ramdev! His face is practically in every medical store which they call the 'Chemist' here in India.
I was hoping to go in one of those to find his famous cure for homosexuality but alas, everything was written in Hindi- a written language I can't decrypt.

Indians love spicy and tangy food.
I might love the spiciness but I'm not a great fan of tangy food.


And yes, like any other country, India has its own menu of KFC or McDonald's. Of course with lots of spice added. As if  crispy spiciness was not enough, chilli flakes are also in the batter! Damn!

Most probably I'll be posting an album of sheer randomness soon on my timeline.
I don't know which day it is today- ahh!


What I also highly appreciated of Indian bistros and coffee shops is their own way of getting the west meet the east! :))

27th.
That's the count for the number of men I saw so far peeing in public.

Hygiene is this one problem in India which is somehow being tackled.
My grandad warned me of dirty scenes of human faeces stacked on the streets. This I didn't even see. Luckily.

But what's horrendous is people spitting. It's almost as normal as breathing for them.
The fine for spitting is Rs100, I say that whoever spits in a public place ought to have their tongues cut. Or better, employ the death sentence law I believe Singapore implemented!



Coolies are not a mere Bollywood concept, they actually exist! :3

And yes, Trains are over-loaded with people. Especially the local trains! Imagine going to work every morning like this. Because this is actually what these people are doing. Oh and these are the male compartments. The ladies' compartments are in the front! :P


Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt