Skip to main content

Acceptance

Jolly Evening everyone,
So, this will be my first post for this New Year and with this, I mark Our Alter Ego’s 4th year on the net.

I do have something very specific to write about right now. I wanted to talk about ‘Acceptance’.

I was at my paternal grandmother yesterday, my Bam, and was leafing through the pages of a local newspaper called Tejamu. My eyes instantly drove over the picture of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. I am not a follower of his principles (unless I am). I, however, see in him a light, an enlightened soul with witty, wise maturity. He was there broaching the topic of Acceptance and why it is primordial in relationships.

I had here like to start with an anecdote: You know, medical science, technology and the likes are evolving. At a certain period of time, people were told invoking the rain god is going to rip his wrath apart, but taking into account the effects of global warming is going to cure our planet. There came a point where antibiotics were thought as perfect, but now its credibility is questioned. At yet another point in time, an entire world generation abandoned butter thinking it is bad for health, but last year, in June, an article in TIME magazine now claim that butter is actually good for our heart!

Acceptance. We accept things so easily at times, not so easily as others and perhaps not at all.

Would you accept anything and everything at all cost? If yes, why? If no, why?

Acceptance is an emotional, social and physical concept. We easily say that accepting the other in a marriage is one of the most important foundation of a marriage filled with respect and amour. Still, accepting that the other has betrayed one is eyed so negatively, to the point of causing shame.

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said: “If someone is imperfect, just accommodate them. In due course of time, they’ll change!” Was he wrong in saying so? What guarantee is there that the one who has betrayed will not betray again, what guarantee is there that the antibiotics are really bad? What guarantees is there that the butter is really good?

I feel that as humans, we think about guarantees tremendously; our guarantee being: everyone is stopping antibiotics and taking butter all over again, so can I and so should I. We also tend to accept the change that benefits us and rids us of our conscience guilt. We accept the change which is considered right at large.

How to accept something that nobody has accepted before now? How to accept something I’m not sure if I should accept? How to accept something that goes against whatever I have believed in till date? How to accept something which is ‘wrong’?
Is there really a barrier to which you should accept things and refuse others?

What do you think? Comment in the COMMENT SECTION below or on our FACEBOOK PAGE and let us know.

Until next time,
Much Love,
Hasta la Vista!
Iam Aehr.

~Hinduism guides us to accept everything as it is and go along with the flow of life. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you should sit down and be a passive reactor to things, on the contrary, you should take charge of your life. ~





Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt