Skip to main content

Why does this girl ignore me?



There is this girl in one of my classes who always stares at me when I'm talking to my friends, I don't look back at her but I can see her in my peripheral vision. I try my best to be nice with her, always ask if we have homework, and I sometimes say goodbye to her at the end of the day. Here's the thing though, she never wants to initiate conversation with me ever, she never says bye to me (after all the times I did), and she really just completely ignores me. Is she just shy to talk to me or what? I know this girl likes me so why would she ignore me when I'm showing her interest.
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
Hi, If this question of your is related to your other question:
[http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...

Then there you go;

After all this time, Perhaps she lost interest. Pretend as if you did too for while. This will bring her back since she must have guessed you look up to her. Your sudden loss of interest may interest her and bang..!!!

Whenever you go talk to her after this one day/ two day hiatus (which will attempt to give her space if she wants/needs and intrigue her as to why you stopped chasing her..) ,without wanting to seem to bombarding ask questions that demand some open-ended type of answer (well if you really want her to stick around you-Smile and make eye contact.) instead of asking yes/no leading to nowhere type of questions. Her actually responding would show that the flame has not yet doused.


The staring part is Big! :)

I answered a qs on that you may wish to check it out
[http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...

i'll just copy paste the essential:

"The act of staring implies a visual focus, where the subject of the gaze is objectified. The notion of staring also implicates the looker in constructing themselves as a subject. They might be wanting to make themselves notice."

"If staring happens continuously, they want to check on your activities , knowing you better but from far.."

"Staring someone, normally pressurises the one being stared to look back. It might just be another way to win your attention. Especially when you do stare back and they continue staring or smile lightly with their eyes! Some keep staring back at you without looking away but stay reactionless. That's just because they are afraid to do something wrong and be rejected by you."

In your case, if ever she looks away it may just either account for her shyness or unwillingness to commit.

Other options are:

1) She is playing hard to get.

2) She might just be trying to figure out things about you or how to make a first step.

3) "She wants to see if you really care enough to wait for her. Just wait, and i'm pretty sure you'll get the type of talk you want. I know what you mean, girls play those games, it's just nature. If you like her, don't dump her, that'll totally end everything. Wait..."

4) "First, don't pester her - she might actually be busy.
If she knows you are interested, then express your opinion firmly but not rudely."

5) Perhaps she is avoiding you after the lap thing because she was embarrassed and didn't want you thinking she was weird.

6) She knows that you like her AND girls normally start to ignore the boys whom they know like them. I think this girl is ignoring you like you say to test you to see what you do. Sometimes girls will back away and not show any affection etc to see how you react.

7) "I would get help from her best friend to find out if she likes you or maybe ask your best friend to bring you two closer maybe ask him to gently push you when she is beside you so that you bump into he and when you do,Just say sorry and say that maybe we should talk and that I want a private conversation.Or ask a friend to deliberately matchmake you two to bring you two closer."

8) She might think that you were a bit upset with her earlier and it bugs her.

Solution: If you ever had some really good time spent with her one that made you laugh a lot or a topic you talked a lot about- bring it up again.. it can do magic.

I would have related better had you given your ages and a little bit about your aura and her personality. what is this class you have together?

Hope that helps you and let me know what you decide to do / or what happens. ;)

Source:

Went on Google, chatted with friends about it and quoted some past Yahoo Answers. Hope it paid off.

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
Very helpful ty.

Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt