Skip to main content

End Of Year Party 2013

This is perhaps the most highlighted event of the year. After tons of work, tons of revision, tons of no meet-and-greet with relatives what can be more relishing than an end of year get together?!


The preparations started a week before and obviously we were all very keen on making it a successful party- we were all enthusiastic!

My grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins (basically my whole khandhan or whatever it's supposed to be called!) were going to come over and we wanted to make sure that they would be hosted par excellence!

We had got everything ready outside the house in the garden where tables stood with a plethora of assortments, cutlery, glasses, bottles and good fooooddd and obviously whilst my stomach wanted to engulf it with its gastric acids and all my eyes were devouring it- yeah i just hope nobody went ill after that ;)



Dad is Dad and he has to make sure that nothing goes wrong and that he can see a glimpse of perfection in every single thing- so there went the charcoal blasting red and exuding intense heat way before dinner time! The Barbecue was starting to come to life and some guests were already reveling some drinks Mom had actually prepared from passion fruit-oh and btw she's been getting passionate about things lately.. (o.O)


The stars soon decked the sky and night came with the scintillating hue of the moon.. My Christmas trees stopped photosynthesizing and dropped dead! hihi..xD and the fuchsia trays got lighter as the folks picked up whatever weapons they felt appropriate to murder the food!


Then came the "Walking down Memory lane" moment where I brought out old pictures of my Mam's and Tata's Wedding as well as those of my aunts and Mom! Right that was the epic moment where we all got to revisit me in pink nappies.. O:)


 Then came the  highlight of the Night where all the guys were called upon and urged to Draw Their Animal of their choice and then... To Imitate Them.. Seriously it was the most hilarious part of the night! :P

From a whale to the frog, from a penguin to a cock and from a cat to a fish.. Goodnessss!! Animalistic Voices were distorted and their gait were re-invented. For us Ladies we were left confuse by the end of the show as to whether it is a dog that barks or an elephant...!!!
Then came the portion where wigs were brought in to add more flavour to the night.. 
And when everybody got their respective attires well it was time to seal the Night with a grooving Dance Floor...:D

Thus we managed to get 3 generations together all laughing and sharing love, appreciations, conversations and likings under a sky that was thankfully watching over us!

Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt