Skip to main content

Changi Airport and Arrival | #SingaporeSignatures

*The following was drafted on the 20th of September 2016. Also. I do realise this should have came much earlier. To my Dad: yes, I'm just going to send the link to the blog posts the next time people want to hear from me. :3 (Dear readers, it's just between my Dad and his daughter, don't worry much about that. :3)*

It's been 3 weeks already, more like 25 days to be precise. Well, yes. That's 4 days more than 3 weeks. And I'm sorry I took so long to post something in here. 

Be rest assured, especially those who read the blog for the "Humanity's Team" label, I might just have wondrous content for you too other than my daily experiences of Singapore!

This one's for the students hoping to get to Singapore for the further studies, be it your undergrad or postgrad.

I'll start from the very beginning: the airport. 


Now, don't get me wrong. I have been to Singapore before and that was in 2010 if I remember well. 

The Arrival Lounge failed to impress me. At least this time. The departure lounges and guest public area are much more of eye teasers and heart-pumpers than what you see around you when you land.

So, if you get confused as to why Changi Airport has time and again been touted as the World's Best International Aiport but didn't quite seem to live up to that expectation- wait till you get to the departure lounge when you head back home.

Now, of course, for me, the next step to landing and immigration processing was to get a transport to where I was meant to reside.

Just in case you've been informed that getting a cab from Changi International Aiport to wherever you might have to stay is expensive- yeah it is. Unless! Unless you have two other incredible friends to share the cab with you. If you were travelling solo with say 4 pieces of luggage, you might have to rent a cab for 40-50 SGD. What you can do is share a Maxi Cab with your peers for 60 SGD. That's what I did. With a total of 9 pieces of luggage to fit in the cab, we each paid merely 20 SGD which is not bad at all.

Another cheaper way is to just take the MRT at the Airport. It's the East-West line, colloquially  known as the Green Line. If your destination is not on your trajectory, just make sure to take an MRT Map and guide yourself through to the MRT station nearest to your place of stay. It should cost a maximum of $ 4 if you are making interchanges at stations to join the other lines: red, blue, yellow, purple or brown. The strict minimum could be $1.20.

However, I wouldn't recommend this option for newcomers to Singapore. Why?

(i) Trust me, giant luggage to handle during the whole journey is not something you want to look out for, more so when you are tired after some energy-draining flight.
(ii) Ultimately, you would still have to hire a cab from the MRT station to the exact place you'll be residing at.



On a side note!

Have you ever wonder what you can do at the airport after you’ve check in for your flight? 

Or are you one of those that feel there isn’t a need to reach the airport too early, since all you need to do is check in your luggage and head straight to the boarding gate?

People visiting Singapore in the near future- you might want to reconsider after reading this!

Being the sixth busiest international airport today, Changi Airport is a major air hub in Asia, serving more than 100 international airlines flying to some 320 cities in about 80 countries and handled more than 54.1 million passengers in 2014. A flight takes off or lands at Changi roughly once every 90 secs! WOW~

If you are awaiting for a flight transit or your flight got delayed, you might want to visit the movie theatres located in Terminals 2 & 3 where you can enjoy movies of different genres, ranging from the recent shows to classic. These entertainment hubs are open 24 hours daily
If you are a nature lover, you will love the Butterfly Garden! Located in Terminal 3, the butterfly garden is an all-time favourite and the first to be featured in an airport. You can gain insight into the life cycle of a butterfly and get interaction with the thousand butterflies here! Do refrain from hurting these butterflies okay?

Another place for the nature lover to visit too. With a total of 500 sunflower planted in the sunflower garden, it never fail to bring cheer to anyone whom visit the garden. Not only you get to see the sunflowers, you will get a view of the runway as well as the aircraft parking bays too!





Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt