Skip to main content

11 Perks to the Big Sister- Little Brother Equation

At the beginning of your happy, jolly journey on Earth as a little h-oo-man, it’s just you. You get all your parents’ attention, sharing and another little h-oo-man that would snuggle himself in your seat at the dining table remain two alien concepts.

Then, before you know it, you’re a big sister to a baby brother. You swell with the importance of your new responsibility – until you realise that it’s a life-long commitment.

My brother and I are six and half years apart in age. Naturally, there were those few years that involved constant fighting and him blaming everything on me and somehow never getting in trouble while I took all the heat.

But what are the Perks of being a Big Sister to a Little Brother? 



1. You get to dress him up in female clothing
For the first couple of years, before he is impregnated with any preconceived societal ideas of gender identity, you get to have him wear your Mom's bras and have him apply bright red lipstick. Heck, now that I think of it, my brother took to bold lipstick before I did! Darn.

But yeah, he’s basically this doll. He can be a nurse, a ballerina –anything you like. And he loves it! It’s great!

2.You always have someone to play with and annoy
I realised recently that one of my main hobbies in life apart from painting and writing is actually annoying the life out of my my brother. And I truthfully mean it, it takes up such a major portion of my free time that you won't believe it. Whether it's about trying to get him out of bed after sunrise or simply taking his share of food. And! He can keep you company during boring events.

3. A baby brother is basically a pet
And I remember I said the same thing in one of my English Oral Classes back in tuition 3 years ago. It's mostly because they can be all like little puppies trying to snuggle everywhere and annoy the shit out of you. If your parents won’t let you have a puppy, that’s cool – your little brother will gladly curl against you and fall asleep while breathing gently on your cheek.

4. You can persuade them that anything is a game
Even after they celebrate their first decade on Planet Earth: going upstairs to retrieve your book for you? Game. Putting all the clothes and dishes away? Game. Cleaning your room? Game. Kids are gullible and eager to please. You would have heard a n evil laughter of mine here. I mean come on, a game is like a bargain right?

5.You can always tease or blackmail him with embarrassing photos and anecdotes.
He does that too, so no, I'm not ashamed.

6. He is your personal scavenger
Got something you don't need? Waste not, because your younger brother will definitely adopt it. Hehe!

7. You get ample sights of the male physique 
I realised this advantage when I got in Middle School and my friends who either had no brothers or were the only kids to the parents never saw a penis. So, I'm supposing that's a plus to sexual health!

8. Your mistakes weren't a waste; he got to learn firsthand from them
At least for me, I had my fair share of slip ups growing up. But now, instead of looking back and being super embarrassed and/or ashamed, I can feel like they (possibly) were worth it, as my little brother got to learn what not to do. Also, he is the first one to look up to you. Even if he may not express it directly.

9. He was, is and always will be your partner in crime.  
He will willingly be your scapegoat and cover agent when your bribes are to his liking. Especially mine, who has imaginary friends too. Which means we get to blame our imaginary friends together for any damage caused!

10. You’ll always feel a wee bit maternal towards him
Because, after all, you had a hand in raising him. Yes, you can laugh, Mom. 

11. He makes you laugh unconditionally
As a kid, innocence cracked you up as did his Michael Jackson's dance or Kriish's interpretation. My own not-so-baby-anymore brother is perhaps the funniest person I know; he can literally have me in tears from laughing so hard with his cartoon-ish dialogues. His hilarious sarcasm can instantly take a bad situation and turn it the other way around.

“Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring quite often the hard way.” »  Pamela Dugdale

Thank God we are not in China, else being sibling-less would have deprived you of all these perks! 

Until next time, 
Be Light,
Much Love,




  .  .  .

DO NOT FORGET TO GIVE A THUMBS UP AND FOLLOW IF YOU LIKED THIS POST.
COMMENT TO LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FOUND IT.
YOU CAN ALSO ADD ME ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE.
IF YOU ARE KIND ENOUGH, PLEASE RECOMMEND AND SHARE TO HELP ME REACH MORE READERS.



Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt