Skip to main content

Who I Have Been




Returning home from tuition.

Just that this time it's a different feeling. Exams are in full swing and I'm not feeling any rush to get back home. Just very tired. Half of the papers have concluded today. 9 more to go. Two subjects have already ended and there's the third one ending this Friday.
I'm seriously willing time to pass quickly. I want the holidays to be here as soon as possible. I just hope not to be disappointed because I'm looking forward to a fun-loaded holidays; yes you got it right: some visits to the museums are included as well! :P 
I just want to work so really hard right now for me to allow myself to have fun three weeks from now. I'm the hardest when it comes to deserving a break. I honestly would feel guilty to dance or hang out with the girls if I feel I didn't give my best. So the formula to be guilt-free is to really rock the papers. 
I'm a very studious person by nature but that doesn't mean I do not have my fair share of procrastinating instances. I just try to get the best of both worlds. I try to think of myself as an all-rounder because that's what I have known my parents to be themselves. It's the coolest thing.
Sure, I have lost touch with the technical names of a lot of constructions tools and I have stopped working on my relationship with my parents since a while, but I'll be catching up soon. I feel that I have explored several arenas: because my Dad works in the IT sector, being endowed technologically was just a natural extension of my childhood; he's also always in the kitchen which helper cultivate my own interest in anything related to good food.

I have a natural inclination towards painting and drawing as my Grandpa has been a painter himself in his youth and my deep quest to understanding theology is partly because of the old man's blasphemous beliefs.
Mythology, science, religion.
 
I have been brought up in a family where news are dissected more than vegetables in the dining room: politics is the muse of our daily conversations that are laden with reflections on governmental policies.
That is probably where I started to develop a huge love for how our society came to be and why people react or behave the way they do as well as their interactions.

What I remember perturbing me mist were social inequalities. I have always been very opinionated and used to think that tax should be abolished and be paid on a voluntary basis. I would not be able to justify why I used to believe so today, only my 12 year old self can tell you why. I used to see myself as the Prime Minister of our country and I remember keeping a diary where I jotted down ideas I swore I would implement once I become the PM.
I was immensely shaken by the religious disparities of different people in the island.
My childhood was also heavily basked in science documentaries and the very early understanding of the water cycle and photosynthesis at around 5.
I used to have an unexplained admiration for mother nature. I used to wish I could talk to plant and animals. That was not my media bias as a 9 year old but I was convinced I was the saviour of this earth.

This initial interest might have been catalysed by the fact that my grandma is a vegetable seller. I used to plant several herbs and spices which I still do today along with lettuce. Nothing ever grew when I parents planted something but I always was able to have a plant grow even in the worst kind of soil with the highest pH although the taste was still bad. :3
At CPE, I was convinced that I wanted to be either a botanist or a zoologist just because I thought I was some goddess who was able to be the friend of nature. This obviously translated into orienting my taste towards genetic engineering during my ripe teenage phase.
Eventually discovery of meta physic.

Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt