Skip to main content

Sentosa Promenade | #SingaporeSignatures


“Would you like an adventure now, or would like to have your tea first?” 
― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

*   *   *


There’s something pretty alluring about watching the sun sinking down the horizon while the red hues deepen, all within minutes before darkness sets in. And the best part? This magical phenomenon happens every day.

Just like I can spend hours at dusk in any of the northern beaches in Mauritius, with some fuming hot Halim, Chana Puri and Gato Piments staring right into the eye of the shady sky set ablaze with hues of pinkish fire, I can find the same refuge at the Sentosa Boardwalk. It has become my new hideout place since I came to Singapore. 

Sunrise? Sentosa Boardwalk. Sunset? Sentosa Boardwalk. The best part: it is only 10 minutes by bus away from where I stay. The only negative point: Just like everywhere else in Singapore, there is no air current and you crave for the soft salty breezes that usually tangle through your hair in Mauritius.

If the day is not too hot and you have a bit of time, I recommend that you take the boardwalk instead of the Sentosa Express. The view is very pleasant, and it is a nice walk.

The walk is easy and shaded and we enjoyed the views along the way. Compared to the overpriced cable car and crowded monorail I think this one is a bit of hidden gem. 

Sentosa Boardwalk: 24 hours, daily
Free* daily for walk-in guests only.

The Boardwalk connects the greater Sentosa Island to Singapore and the impressive VIVO City Mall. 

To truly appreciate the magnificence of this boardwalk, one should walk it in the evenings where you can see the sparkle of the cable cars above and the lights of the surrounding city and harbor.

A beautifully lit path with gorgeous gardens and a variety of spots to stop and grab a bite or a drink.

I liked the walk. Or any walk in any timeline for that matter. I like how when walking alone, with each stride you take, how your mind becomes more clear, more resolute as if the growing physical distance between them had now become an emotional chasm.

And with company, it's lovely to see how the nascent sunlight caresses their skin.

One formidable decision of ours was to take along Lychee Ice Creams that have newly been introduced in McDonald's Singapore. And my, my. Your taste buds might just get a little bit confused here. The perfect reminder of how lychees do taste. Our Mauritian Souls found peace and food orgasmic solace.
I love the way people walk, roughly in one direction, weaving a little, chatting as they go. I watch them, some heads down and lost in thought and wonder what their private worlds are like - each of them viewing this same place, this same day, from a unique perspective.

We walked. And sat down and talked. Staring straight ahead into the far deep waters to find ships cruising around. What was needed for once were some albatross flying high above to create the true feeling of any port city.

We were unexpectedly taken you through a magical journey of love, with the touching story of a pair of exceptional mechanical cranes and how their love for each other transforms them into real birds.

A show that's not to be missed, the combination of groundbreaking audiovisual technologies, and stunning light and water effects perfectly illustrates the cranes' graceful courtship ritual. We are in awe of the sheer size of the steel cranes moving deftly in the midst of water illusion and play of light.

Catch the cranes before they fly away!
Every Night at 8 pm at the Waterfront
Free admission
*Pyrotechnics will be used in the shows.


Popular posts from this blog

If a guy stares at you for a long time while smiling does he like you?

There's this guy at my work who I've been starting to get to know better, and I've noticed that every time he sees me he always gets this big smile on his face and he stares at me all the time. He has this look in his eyes that I can't really explain but it seems like he's fascinated or dreamy. Plus I'll be doing something and I'll look over at him and catch him looking right over at me, and he just smiles and I smile back. Today as he was leaving work I saw him from a distance but I didn't say anything because I wasn't going to shout across the parking lot, and he just developed this big smile while looking right at me, and I couldn't help but smile too. Then he came over and we talked a little before he left (he seemed nervous and he's kind of dorky, but I think it's cute) I don't know, I just feel like he stares at me just a little longer than any other person. I was wondering if this could mean he likes me?

Comparing the lifestyles of celebrities and ordinary people

Disney’s TV Show Hannah Montana depicts the female protagonist’s choice of leading an ordinary life despite being a celebrity. The show fluidly walks us through the distinct lifestyles of a celebrity and that of an ordinary person in terms of their set of values, ways of life, activities and attitudes. Whether celebrities and ordinary people are truly different would require a close diagnostic. The first thing that comes to mind when discussing celebrity and common man’s lifestyles is luxury . From the sports industry to the entertainment industry, from politicians to business tycoons, the mantra “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” seems to be painted all over the walls that frame celebrity life. Because of the power and extraordinary amount of wealth they have, celebrities live a life that the normal man can only dream of. For instance, with real-estate assets worth more than just a few million dollars across the world, celebrities have better vacation options than an ordinary

Because being honest and being frank are two poles apart!

   *I have been meaning to write this since 3 weeks now.* I wonder why people take it for granted that they can do anything to you and say anything to you! Honestly, how can people be that honest?! I don't get it! Now, just so that I get over this- we had rather just start! , I think that each one of us has been frank at least once in our life!  Frankness broadcasts itself as a means for people to soothe their inability to contain their comments.  Because want it or not- Frankness in comparison to honesty is a bad thing. Basically because being frank hurts the object and makes the subject feel good, whilst honesty-well honesty is good for both! Being frank is a stupendo fantabulously fantastic thing for many of us. It's been for me. Mainly because it allowed me to believe that I existed and it made me feel good- it made me feel good because I could put my opinions forward. But to be honest, I don't it's been the best thing to do!  Frankness hurt